• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LG (LG PDP50G10343) Powers on but no screen picture nor sound

I'm a: Knowledge Seeker
    Default Re: LG PDP50G10343 which not showing picture, at all
    Hi guys

I have myself a LG PDP50G10343, I have had the same issue as the previous people on this forum and have also performed the same tests as everyone else, I still haven't gotten any success, I say my problem is pointing towards the main control board for the X and Y sustain (50G1A_CTRL) (EBR50038701) has anyone replaced this to fix the issue

Please help...... thanks

I am having the same problem

Comment

The model number PDP50G10343 sounds like the specific model number of the internal plasma panel itself. Is this a 50" LG Plasma TV model 50PG10 or 50PG20 or 50PG3000 by chance?

If your TV turns on, with audio, but no video, a common issue could be one of the Y-buffer boards. There are two. They are located at the left hand side of the TV as viewed from the rear with the rear cover removed. They are labelled YDRVTP (top) and YDRVBT (bottom). The two buffer boards connect directly to the YSUS (sustain) board, and to each other with a small jumper cable.

For testing, ensure the TV is completely off and unplugged.

Disconnect the UPPER Y-buffer board from the y-sustain, and disconnect the small jumper between buffers. Leave LOWER Y-buffer board connected.

Turn on TV. If you get an image on the lower half of the tv (it may be distorted), then the UPPER buffer is bad and needs to be replaced.

If you still get no image, your lower Y-buffer may be the issue.

POWER OFF AND UNPLUG THE TV.

Re-connect the upper Y-buffer to the Y-sustain board and disconnect the LOWER y-buffer from the Y-sustain board (and from the upper Y-buffer board).

Make sure the jumper cable between the buffers is still removed.

Power on the TV.

If you now have image on the upper half of the TV (it may be distorted), then your lower buffer board is damaged.

PLEASE NOTE: For these two tests, when you disconnect from the Y-sustain board and other Y-buffer, you can leave the Y-buffer boards connected to the panel ribbons (just tape the board to the side so it does not flop around. Leaving the delicate ribbon cabled still connected to the Y-buffer boards does not interfere with the test, and prevents damaging the delicate ribbon cables, or their connectors.

Also, please share the part numbers of the Y-buffers in your TV. They will look like EBR50039001 / EBR50039101 or EBR50039003 / EBR50039103, or EBR50039005 / EBR50039105 or EBR50039007 / EBR50039107, etc.

Please report back with your findings.
      Last edited by Unspun01; 03-17-2020, 01:25 PM. Reason: Added possible part numbers

Comment

Working...
      X