Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panasonic TC-P42S60 Plasma,how to check Vsus

Hi,
    This is my first post in attempting to keep my beloved 2013 Panasonic plasma tv going.
    About 6 weeks ago the tv was turned on but then immediately shut off. There was no recent power surge or popping noise or any other symptom.
    I checked all of the obvious things and decided to try a replacement power supply board (PSS in Panasonic lingo).
    I would like to check the Vsus but this is one of the final models and at that point Panasonic did not indicate the Vsus and Vad voltages inside the chassis. It looks like they were discouraging people from making adjustments.
    I found a service manual and did find the voltages on the block diagrams.
    My current questions are:
    1) Where do I check the Vsus voltage. It looks like it should be on the inner and outer legs of the 4 legs on the P2 connector shown in the attached photos and the block diagrams.
    2) How do I adjust Vsus voltage. Is it with potentiometer VR251?
    3) Can I check the Vsus with the PSS board disconnected from the other boards
    and the panel with only the AC power cord in connected? Since I am inexperienced I'm concerned about causing additional damage.
    4) Is there any reason why I should not adjust the Vsus on this Tv? I've attached the page from the Service Manual that shows a Service Menu procedure for changing from Vsus high to Vsus low. Does this mean I should avoid adjusting the voltage manually?
    Any help on this will be appreciated.
    thanks
    Kevin
    Attached Files

Re: Panasonic TC-P42S60 Plasma,how to check Vsus

How many times does your power LED blink when plugged in?

My TV blinked 3x.

With power supply disconnected, I measured over 200V between pins 1-4 on power supply connector P2. Likewise I measured a direct short-circuit between pins 1-4 of the corresponding connector on the SN board TNPA5799. Therefore the power supply is good, but the SN board needs repair.

On my SN board I needed to replace 5 components: Q401, Q402, Q421, Q422, Q451.

I suspect your power supply board is fine and no measurements are necessary.

You can check VSUS using the 2 outer pins on connector P2.

You can check VSUS with power supply connected or disconnected.

Comment

Re: Panasonic TC-P42S60 Plasma,how to check Vsus

I have the P50S60, which is similar. I get 3 blinks. Replacing the main board does not fix the problem. Made some measurements. Zero Vsus. I think I once measured 40V but not now. Disconnected P2. Still no Vsus. I guess the power supply is bad. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Comment

Working...
      X