hp pavillion dv6-2010sv won't post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hp pavillion dv6-2010sv won't post

Hello, this is my second post on this forum. I'd like your help finding the problem on this particular laptop motherboard. I know it's an old board and there is no reason bringing it to life, but I want to know the reason why it doesn't post.

motherboard model: QUANTA UT12 DISCRETE
    http://kythuatphancung.com/uploads/d...REV_1A.pdf.pdf

Pressing the power button, the motherboard turns on as well as the fan and leds, that means that the EC reads the firmware from the rom chip. I also removed and reflashed it but with no luck, no post. Without the rom chip the laptop doesnt even turn on, so that means that EC reads successfully from it. I used a bios diagnostic card on wifi slot which supports lpc interface and there is no post. I tested clock on LPC, its ok 33Mhz but there is nothing going on, so no post codes.

All voltages are present, I tested every voltage CPU/RAM/NB/SB and everything seems ok. I also checked clock generators and every crystal with scope, everything is present but no post. The board just stays on doing nothing. What can I possibly check next? Thanks.

Edit: I also changed CPU/RAM but no luck.
    Last edited by kot90; 09-03-2016, 03:19 PM. Reason: more info

Re: hp pavillion dv6-2010sv won't post
    • When you attach a USB keyboard, does the capslock LED blinks?
      Do you get 3.3v at pin22 (PLTRST#) CN5?

Comment

Re: hp pavillion dv6-2010sv won't post

Thank you answering. I checked pin22 on pci-e slot (CN25) and I got 3.3V DC. No the caps lock led doesn't blink while inserting usb keyboard, I tried every slot. However it blinks briefly when I power on the board even without the usb keyboard.

Comment

Working...
      X