Sony EXCD-2 component help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sony EXCD-2 component help

I'm having trouble verifying a part in an autochanger that's been giving me weird issues.
    Initially when the changer was plugged into the head unit via the BUS cable the head unit would seemingly randomly crash and reset or turn itself off. Sometimes it would ignore the CD changer entirely until the unit the hard reset button was pressed. Through trial and error I determined it would actually fail when it was warm out, or hot in the car. If it was cool outside the changer would work and run flawlessly for hours, or until it started warming up outside/in the car, so ambient temperature was more important than operating temp.
    I recapped the entire unit, which was about a dozen caps and the problem persisted. I went over and resoldered the major IC's on both boards inside and still no change, so out came the hot air gun and I narrowed the fault to the DC/DC board so I pulled out the thermal imaging camera and noticed two anomalies.

The lower left hotspot is two fast-acting diodes. I swapped them out in case they were breaking down at around 45c but that didn't fix it. The other hotspot is Q903, which is a part labeled DE T6E. When touched with a hot iron the head unit would begin to spaz out until it cooled down, so I'm fairly sure I've located the part, but I can't seem to identify what type of transistor it really is.
    I do not have the service manual for this changer for the record, so I can't tell what Q903 does in the circuit either.

Edited: I'm gonna add to that. The service manual is online, but everyone wants money. I'm not paying money just to figure out what one component is.
    Last edited by pentium; 09-13-2020, 10:23 PM.
    Find Nedry!

Check the Vending machines!!

<----Computer says I need more beer.
Working...
X