Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

<taps> So long, Pentium III, Athlon XP, and older...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: &lt;taps&gt; So long, Pentium III, Athlon XP, and older...

Originally posted by televizora View Post
    Import fees and shipping are expensive.
    Import fees and taxes are likely the reason the price is higher to begin with. One of the big differences is that most European countries have VAT and add that to the list price. Where as in the US sales tax is calculated at the time of purchase and added to the total (so an $895 system may rig up around $950), while sales taxes vary by state (an in some cases even city/county) they are generally only 6-8% rather than the 20-25% VAT rates common in Europe.

Comment

Thank you and goodbye to the K6-2, the pentium 3, the Pentium 4 with Rambus, you were fun and fast at the time as there was no alternative and I now make a decent living because of you

Old computers are like classic cars, they still do their job but they aren't much of a match against something modern and a a bit of a liability.

Comment

Socket 1366=It's like a V6 or I6 that's got a lot of life left!
        ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

Working...
        X