MacBook Air 2020 A2337 Trackpad Chip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MacBook Air 2020 A2337 Trackpad Chip

Hello, I hope you are all well. I have two Apple MacBook Air 2020 model A2337 with the keyboard and touchpad not working. The chip L20L 032A5 is defective on both Airs. Can you tell me where I can get it, what kind of part it is. Maybe it's on a logic board from another MacBook A1707 or something. Thx
    Attached Files

Re: MacBook Air 2020 A2337 Trackpad Chip

Can you post where this component is exactly on the logic board ? Is it on the trackpad? If yes, the trackpad needs to be replaced. Check Aliexpress.

If on the logic board, zoom out a bit so the view can be compared to locate the details on the schematic & boardview files.

Comment

You mentioned this chip was defective. How do you know? What was you diagnostic approach?

Thank you.

Comment

The chip (on the touchpad) had gotten liquid and 3 pins were burnt and around corrosion. I unsoldered it with hot air, cleaned and tinned all contacts and soldered it back in. Now the keyboard and touchpad are intact again!
        But would still like to know what kind of chip it is. had already broken the same spot twice.
        Last edited by Strolch; 11-27-2021, 04:36 AM.

Comment

And yes, of course, I removed the trackpad yesterday. I think it was 9 screws. And I put it on a damp cloth and protected the transparent flat cable with a damp cloth and etc. from the heat! Also watch out for the plugs with the heat!

Comment

Working...
          X