Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pegatron D15D Rev 2.1 faulty smd - can be identify ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pegatron D15D Rev 2.1 faulty smd - can be identify ?

hello to all.
    can anyone knows more details from the smd of the photo.
    i search on the internet with the numbers shown on the component but i didnt find anything. it burned and i want to replace it.

thank you
    Attached Files

Re: faulty smd - can be identify ?

Originally posted by jimmiscom View Post
    hello to all.
    can anyone knows more details from the smd of the photo.
    i search on the internet with the numbers shown on the component but i didnt find anything. it burned and i want to replace it.

thank you
    laptop model number ? motherboard model number ?
    All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=90619

3F=

Comment

thank you so much for your support. the smd is from a Turbo-X laptop. for the motherboard you can see the photo. i dont know more about this motherboard.
        it was given to me from a friend as not working.
        i google also for the schematic of this motherboard but the only thing i can find is some bios files. can anyone help also for the schematic?

thank you again for your great support.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by jimmiscom View Post
          thank you so much for your support. the smd is from a Turbo-X laptop. for the motherboard you can see the photo. i dont know more about this motherboard.
          it was given to me from a friend as not working.
          i google also for the schematic of this motherboard but the only thing i can find is some bios files. can anyone help also for the schematic?

thank you again for your great support.
          Schematic requests go here: https://www.badcaps.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=41 .Don`t bother requesting it though,as its not available.

The board is a Pegatron D15D .Look at the Typical Application Circuit in the richtek datasheet,look for the four high side and low side mosfets on the board and test those.Before replacing the IC check the resistance to gnd for short on pins 3,8,13,18 after the old one is desoldered.
          Last edited by SMDFlea; 11-28-2021, 10:36 AM.
          All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Re: Pegatron D15D Rev 2.1 faulty smd - can be identify ?

Can someone identify that component for me and what measurement does it have? Thank you
            Attached Files

Comment

Re: Pegatron D15D Rev 2.1 faulty smd - can be identify ?

The pads and placement look like bulk caps.

The larger PCB track area = GROUND.

The other side of these pads = probably a power rail.

Check the voltage of that power rail and suspecting it to be 3v3 or 5v0.

Based on this assumption, you can place bulk caps onboard rated for the peak voltage of 6v3 and capacitance that is available to you - perhaps 22uf / 47uf for each. Need to confirm the body size of the pads so we can confirm if it is 1206 (appears to be) - perhaps were tantalum style but ceramic caps will be fine here.

Start with the voltage check.

Comment

Working...
              X