Harbor Freight Tools Heat Gun Item 96289 JSRF-601C Repair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Harbor Freight Tools Heat Gun Item 96289 JSRF-601C Repair

I would think that if you are seeing GFCI on hair driers then the lawyer might have a hand in it because of some dumb a** did something that should have known better in the first place

The same thing happens with operating manuals when you see things that if you have any com-sense you would not be doing in first place
    9 PC LCD Monitor
    6 LCD Flat Screen TV
    30 Desk Top Switching Power Supply
    10 Battery Charger Switching Power Supply for Power Tool
    6 18v Lithium Battery Power Boards for Tool Battery Packs
    1 XBox 360 Switching Power Supply and M Board
    25 Servo Drives 220/460 3 Phase
    6 De-soldering Station Switching Power Supply 1 Power Supply
    1 Dell Mother Board
    15 Computer Power Supply
    1 HP Printer Supply & Control Board * lighting finished it *

These two repairs where found with a ESR meter...> Temp at 50*F then at 90*F the ESR reading more than 10%

1 Over Head Crane Current Sensing Board ( VFD Failure Five Years Later )
    2 Hem Saw Computer Stack Board

All of these had CAPs POOF
    All of the mosfet that are taken out by bad caps

Comment

Re: Harbor Freight Tools Heat Gun Item 96289 JSRF-601C Repair

Originally posted by captainKKK View Post
      Ok, thanks to everyone that tried to help and I learned by all your comments . Let's mark this one a SUCCESS.

I have fixed it for good. I tested it on both low and high speeds for at least 5 minutes each. Low speed produced a exhaust temp of 240C, while my added in
      heat sink mounted 1N5408 diode performed at no higher than 80F, with my thermal gun. My outside ambient air was 79F at time of test. Note: that bolt sticking out the back, which holds the diode heat sink never even got warm to my touch during testing.

I know I spent $6000 of time and $3 parts to fix this $9 heat gun, and drove all in here crazy, but that's not what I am here for. Thanks again to all, eccerr0r had the solution first and Kaboom was way over my head mathematically, but
      Not scientifically....thanks to both, and everyone.

Take a look at my rigged diode heat sink in the intake air side if you are curious......works like a champ. I can fix the next one in 30 minutes for under a dollar.

The end
      Update: I have rode this thing HARD and put it up wet and it still works like a champ, even when hot glueing everything everywhere. I have run this for 40 some odd minutes straight, lots of times and its still golden.

Comment

Working...
      X