Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Old Macintosh monitor shows doubles?

Hi all,

I'm having trouble verbalizing what's happening on screen, so I'll post a picture instead: https://imgur.com/a/prN5nk4

The screen kind of has bands where things are duplicated... you can see the cursor has a nearby clone, and the bar at the top is all messed up, and the icons on the right as well.

This is a Macintosh SE/30 from 1988. It still boots up, and it seems to still work just fine. As far as I can tell, the monitor is the only problem. I'd like to fix it, but since I can't define the problem, I can't google for a solution. I'm also having trouble finding any information about the monitor hardware itself. Seems like a safe bet that it's a CRT, but that's about all I can say.

If you have any ideas about what the problem might be, or even what I should search for, I'd love some help. Thanks!

Re: Old Macintosh monitor shows doubles?

if it's jumping around then it's the monitoor vsync circuit,
    if it's stable then i suspect the motherboard has a fault in the vram addressing.

do you know the refresh rate of the signal on that mac? 25KHz??

Comment

Re: Old Macintosh monitor shows doubles?

Originally posted by stj
      if it's jumping around then it's the monitoor vsync circuit,
      if it's stable then i suspect the motherboard has a fault in the vram addressing.
      It's stable, there's no jitter in it at all.

Originally posted by stj
      do you know the refresh rate of the signal on that mac? 25KHz??
      Nope. I don't really know anything about it, I haven't opened it up yet. Do you think this would be documented somewhere? If not, is there another way to find out?

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
      X