PN50C590G4FXZA Horizontal Solid Black line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: PN50C590G4FXZA Horizontal Solid Black line

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSi9EtmFIuo I think that's whats wrong with my screen but is it possible to just scrape away some of the ribbon cable and repair the trace or no?

Comment

could be....that's why I was asking you to do the "cable disconnect test" so you could readily determine which cable is responsible for which portion of the screen and then you could focus close on that on based on where the line was versus the "whole black" band that will appear when no cable is attached. Then, like the video you can look really close to see what the issue might be.

One other point, once you start looking closer at the ribbon in question. Remember that I asked if you check the "other side"... that was the other side of the panel... which there are corresponding cables running along there also.
      Last edited by budwich; 03-31-2020, 02:17 PM.

Comment

Thanks for replying budwich im bout to dive really deep into this thing now. I just can't stand this stupid black line, Thanks again. I will take your advice and see which connector that i pull out corresponds to the black line.

Comment

Ok so now i can officially say i've done everything to try and fix this thing. I took the screen apart from the bezel and i found out which line was related to the connector by budwhich advice. I then soon realized that both sides looked fine, there is no damage to be seen like no burnt traces nothing. This must be just a bad panel. I hate when there is literally no way to fix something but when it comes to the actual tv panel itself there is no way.
          Last edited by Super360; 03-31-2020, 05:01 PM.

Comment

Have you checked the cabling on the other side of the panel???

Comment

yes i did there was no issues i could see, even if there was there is no way to attempt a trace repair unless its on the ribbon even then it would be very difficult. The way these plasma are setup the ribbon is pressed between the glass and the panel connection creating a connection.
              Last edited by Super360; 03-31-2020, 06:24 PM.

Comment

maybe you are right.... but I think you are giving up too. Who says the problem is in the cable. The cable connector at the other end (ie. board end) has to come from a track somewhere on the board, that may be fixable. See if you can see anything there. maybe post a close up picture of the area to give us an idea of what you are up against.

Comment

Dude i appreciate the shit out of you helping me out but i have taken this thing apart like 3 times and messed with it for hours. I more than anything want this to work but i am 99% its either where the ribbon goes into the actual panel(unfixable) or the panel is starting to fail. One thing i forgot to mention was i kept this thing on like 24/7 playing rainfall on youtube because i like the ambiance of rain. That probably led to the death of this poor thing. I have taken out all the x-main connections and the y-main cleaned all out with rubbing alcohol. No effect i also would tap on both the x-main and y-main several times with a screwdriver to see if it would flicker from a connection issue... nothing. I don't know what else i can do other than come to the conclusion that this screen is done for.

Comment

no problem... may it rest in peace... or should I say pieces. :-)

Comment

Working...
                    X