Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello world

Comment

Hi all

Comment

Have gotten some very useful information here so I decided to join.Work on some TV's and computers in spare time.Currently drive long distance.Licensed electrician done a little of many things.

Comment

Hi al,
          My first time here. Im from Perth Westetn Australia. Currently an Electronics Technician for the Navy.
          Have done my fair share of PC builds and repairs, now looking at security systems and doing hybrid pc/security systems

Comment

HI everyone! a newbie here and wish to learn from the expert guys in this forum...if i can contribute something i'll be glad to!

Comment

Hi to all, My name is Ken, just a amateur looking to expand my repair skills to electronics. Engineering background and basic understanding of electronics.

Comment

Hi badcaps. Another Capxon victim joining the group.

Comment

Hi all,

My name is Pat. I studied computer engineering at MSU, and I am currently a graduate student in EE. I am debugging an LCD monitor, and I found a lot of good info on the forums here, so I decided to joined.

Comment

Hi

Comment

Hello all. Hope this site helps me, and I can return the favor.

Comment

Hi

I joined this forum in hopes that I can solve the problems (probably about badcaps :P) on my TV and monitor.

Comment

Hi everybody! A newbie in computer & tv repairs. Quite amazed to find some kind of repair workshops. Hope to learn as well as to contribute something to the community.

Comment

Hi, I found this forum while trying to find a "cure" for my terminally ill vizio razor e220va. seems like u all know ur stuff. I hope I can glean enough info to get my 1 1/2 yr old tv working again.

Comment

I'm Eric.

Why am I here? To learn some stuff and have some conversations, I guess.
                              I already know how to replace caps, though. Even those tiny SMD ceramic caps and there aren't any electrolytic capacitors in my main PC, so I'm not worried about those.

I mostly plan on having discussions about what brands are best for what and there series, and stuff like improving the quality of a function by changing capacitors with a different rating (Like audio devices and such). Things like that.

I probably won't be the most active member, but I'll pop up from time to time.

Comment

Hi

I'm here to see if my motherboard/graphics card may possibly be experiencing heavy crashes due to bad caps. I figure it's either that or terrible BIOS bugs.
                                It requires resetting clearing the CMOS before it will even turn on again..

Thanks and see you around.

Comment

hi everyone new member from philippines....

Comment

Hi everyone, new member from portugal.

Comment

hi all , my name is martin pretty much new here right nlw in Florida USA ...
                                      born in CZECH REP....
                                      tvs , pcs , and all the another stuff is just hoby
                                      right now working on one ps3 and lcd , iam pretty much noob so hopefully somebody will help me out

Comment

Hello all. I'm Jack and I hoping to learn a great deal from this site.

From UK, live UK.

Comment

Hi There - I am just a computer consultant who maintains a small amount of machines for friends and family, and I have a friend who buys storage lockers, and occasionally I get stuff from him for repair. I never heard about bad capacitor issue until finding this forum, but so far have had the issue on a monitor, a video card, and even on an asante router.
                                          Each time I delve into a repair I become more confident, and have even fixed the motherboard ($200) on my Fisher Paykel driver for the cost of a fuse (69 cents) (not the glass fuses, the ones that are made of silicon and look like a chip on the motherboard)

Comment

Working...
                                          X