• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sharp AQUOS 70" LCD model LC-70LE550U

Good to hear. That's why we're here!
    Did I leave the soldering iron on?

Comment

I have a Sharp LC70LE550u when the TV is OFF I get two slow blinks continually. When I turn ON the TV the blinkng stops the back light comes ON and the screen lights up white but no picture, only sound. I cannot find any error code that fits the two slow blinks except for power PCB. But the voltages on the power board reads good. Any suggestions/help, would be appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by wwasbad View Post
        I have a Sharp LC70LE550u when the TV is OFF I get two slow blinks continually. When I turn ON the TV the blinkng stops the back light comes ON and the screen lights up white but no picture, only sound. I cannot find any error code that fits the two slow blinks except for power PCB. But the voltages on the power board reads good. Any suggestions/help, would be appreciated.
        Maybe have a good look at the t-con board and try the tests for it.
        Last edited by nomoresonys; 02-22-2018, 07:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ice711 View Post
          Freak your awesome!! I know this thread is 2 years old, but still very helpful! Found the TV on a FB group for free. Got it home followed the directions in the forum, and bammn!! It works like a charm! Thanks again for your knowledge
          +1 Freak you are a tv fixing BEAST. I really appreciate how you explain the procedures without a huge amount of hyper-tech language
          Last edited by nomoresonys; 02-22-2018, 08:11 AM.

Comment

Haha thx. I'm amazed at how many of these Sharp panels have gone bad!

Comment

I finally tried the disconnection trick on a TV that hasn't been working for a while, totally blank screen and it now mostly works.

However there are a bunch of random black lines across the screen:

Would this be caused by a fault in the actual panel or could it be the main board or T-Con board?

Comment

That's an odd one. How's it look with just one either side ribbon connected?

Comment

Originally posted by freakaftr8 View Post
                  That's an odd one. How's it look with just one either side ribbon connected?
                  Depending which side is connected (this is the just the two in the bottom corner) I either get this picture or nothing at all.

Comment

Are you talking about the bottom corner ribbon cables that connect the bottom drivers to the side drivers?

Comment

Originally posted by freakaftr8 View Post
                      Are you talking about the bottom corner ribbon cables that connect the bottom drivers to the side drivers?
                      Yes those ones, so disconnecting the side drivers on one side gives me no picture, removing the other side gives me the picture above.

Comment

you might want to provide a picture of exactly which cables / tabs you are referring as i think you misunderstand.

Comment

The connectors that lie between the green panels on the outside ends of the bottom and the green panels on the bottom of the sides.

Anyway I seem to be getting inconsistent behaviour now (white partial panel for example that I didn't think I was getting before) when I try disconnecting/reconnecting more, either i'm not getting the connectors back in properly or something upstream is definitely flakey.

Comment

Not too sure as to what's going on. Have you tried a replacement T con board.

Also is there any way for you to post a picture of an actual screenshot with something displaying on the screen besides the no signal.

I'm looking for something that would display the lines going across screen but fading away on one side
                            Last edited by freakaftr8; 04-10-2018, 12:41 PM.

Comment

OK... I think I understand you. BUT... that is only "part of the ultimate operation".
                              Those two "corner cables" (ie. one on each side of the panel") are used to isolate which side of the TV is "most in trouble".... meaning if you have all the cables fully connected and then only disconnect one of the corner cables.... and the tv doesn't provide any picture... that means that the tv is trying to run on the other corner cable (along with ALL the other "stuff") and can't because something on that "portion" is BAD. Reversing the process and doing the other corner and getting some form of picture, means that you got rid of / disconnected some / most of the bad stuff and the tv is now able to produce some picture. BUT disconnecting only the corner cable DOES NOT guarantee you will get a "good picture" because the TABS on the BAD side are still connected to the panel and have a potential of impacting the remaining good tabs of the other side.

Having said that the picture you posted still shows significant issues which may mean other issues. :-(

What is the history of the tv... how did it get to where it is (what happened)? Have you scanned the side tabs and bottom ones for that matter, to see if there are any obvious issues with them that might help determine which are a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by nugohs View Post
                                The connectors that lie between the green panels on the outside ends of the bottom and the green panels on the bottom of the sides.

Anyway I seem to be getting inconsistent behaviour now (white partial panel for example that I didn't think I was getting before) when I try disconnecting/reconnecting more, either i'm not getting the connectors back in properly or something upstream is definitely flakey.

put your glasses on.... :-) A white screen (half) is a sign that the cabling between the tcon and panel is not connected on that side. IF true, this is also likely a reason for your "ugly" screen shot of the "one corner cable operating mode".

Comment

Does anyone one know where I can purchase the cables that connect the side boards together? I need the one for the corner and the one in the middle on the sides.
                                  Sharp LC-70LE550U
                                  Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                  X