X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Samsung PN58B650S1FXZA Plasma

Guys,
    I think I got this one...Progress....

For the hell of it I looked over the box that the YSustain came in...The box was filthy...been sitting for some time on a shelf...Saw that the TO location was where I got the box from...Saw there was the phone number still on it in the shipping Label....

So I called it...The number was forwarded to another location (heard a click on phone) and it rang...Talked to the original guy told him the information in my voltage tests...and he said sounds like your doing the tests right...so he believed there is still something wrong on the Y Side of things....

So he told me to take one Y Buffer out at a time to see if you get any part of the screen to light up. Sure enough I took the Lower Buffer out and the top of the Panel turned on. Life....

So I reversed the process to confirm the bottom was bad...sure enough no panel light up...added the Lower back in and the Lower shut down the panel again...

So I ordered the Lower Buffer.

Thanks everyone for the help.
    Chris

Comment

I did suggest that earlier, but you said it did't help
      I have disconnected the Y Buffers and it still caused the PSU to Cycle/relay.
      But you likely also had a bad Y-sus at that time also
      Last edited by R_J; 03-31-2020, 01:08 PM.

Comment

I thought you tested the buffers for shorts ?

Comment

ajshoe,
          I did test the buffers for Shorts thats whats so odd about it...I did each one right with the video to show me how. In fact double checked....I was not drinking either...lol...when testing it.

So I do not know if I missed it somehow or if it went bad between that time and the reassembly and tests.

I have decided to set up a view cam to record my testing going forward...this will allow me to record what I did to confirm and learn....cause now when I test for shorts on the Buffers the Lower Buffer Specifically the most lower buffers (assume the bottom most panel connector one) tests bad (short).

So as confusing as it is...I am glad I found it and confirmed the panel is working.

Thanks again,
          Chris

Comment

unfortunately on thsi set you can't see the buffer chips. usually the problem with theses samsungs is the buffers or ySUS board. If the set powers up (no video) the first thing to check is the buffers and ySUS. board. Did you find lower buffer board ? believe I have a set of these

Comment

ajshoe,
              Yes found a set lower and upper buffers - 90 day warranty - $28 to my door with tax out of Waco Tx.

They are used.

I did find a new lower for $30 after I bought these...and also a service to repair for $32.

So its good to have options

Thanks
              Chris

Comment

All,
                I thought I would share with you all this success...

Everyone thanks for the help I really really appreciate it!!!

The Set has been up for about 2 days...12 hours of watching movies!

Again Thanks Everyone...Stay safe and Healthy,
                Chris
                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                X