Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HP BIOS unlock tool

Originally posted by slaine View Post
    no problem here - thanks a lot for the unlocker.exe - had some bios dumps in the past with manual VSS editing via hxd - thx to you the routine is much faster now. Gonna try it on some 840g3 this week after i figured the best way to read the chip without desoldering it (standard soic8 clip is not fitting since they use 8-WSON Package here for the eeprom)
    Yea, the tool is doing the job nice!
    About the WSON-8 package bios chip, you can try to solder the wires to the surrounding points, or if you have a hot air station better unsolder the chip from the board.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
    Become a Badcaps supporter
    >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
    Thanks to all supporters.​
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Doctrina est fructus dulcis, radicis amarae.

Comment

The tool is doing the job nicely, but not always. Improved version is in development but because I will integrate it into a more automated tool, it will take more time to release the public version.

Also I am trying to use pogo-pins and 3D printed fixture to read and program wson8 chips. If anybody has a nice design for that, please do let me know.

Comment

Last update: Elitebook 850 g1's bios finally without password! At the end the chip was 3v and with ch341a soic8 clip and the asprogrammer (ch341a didn't support n25q128a 13eco) i did it! Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by RethoricalCheese View Post
          The tool is doing the job nicely, but not always. Improved version is in development but because I will integrate it into a more automated tool, it will take more time to release the public version.
          No need to be humble , the tool is good enough , with pretty good success rate. I can't wait to test Unlock Tool 2.0

Comment

First check this site to see if your HP is supported for the great tool Mazzif has made.

http://mazzifsoftware.blogspot.com/p...os-unlock.html

If your model is newer and not in that list, you need to dump your bios, remove password from dump and reprogram bios with modified dump.

For that you need an SPI programmer like CH341A or Raspberry Pi with Flashrom or any other similar programmer. A soic8 clip is also useful so there wouldn't be a need to unsolder bios IC.

When you have your dump, just drag and drop your file on my HPUnlocker tool and it will create a new file. It will add "_unlocked" to the name of your locked file.

Just program the new file on your bios IC.

This unlocker should work on all Elite, EliteBook, ProBook and maybe some other series HP laptops.

For those of you who need to unlock large amounts of laptops, I recommend adding a registry entry:
            Code:
            Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\HPUnlocker\command
            Then modify that string adding
            Code:
            "C:\*location-of-exe*\HPUnlocker.exe" "%1"
            This way you just need to right click your locked file and select HPUnlocker.

If there are any issues, please do let me know so I can improve this tool.
            Hi. I have tried your tool with my HP Elitebook 8570p to unlock my bios admin password but I got 'Fatal Error Detected' error message. Will you please help me get rid of this bios password? Thank you very much.

Comment

Originally posted by paratoner View Post
              Hi. I have tried your tool with my HP Elitebook 8570p to unlock my bios admin password but I got 'Fatal Error Detected' error message. Will you please help me get rid of this bios password? Thank you very much.
              First upload bios file here.
              Last edited by Vesko356; 02-08-2020, 01:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Vesko356 View Post
                First upload bios file here.
                Dear Vesko356,

I do not know how to make a DUMP file from my locked bios. Could you please tell me how to do that or what tool to use to get it... Thanks a bunch.

Comment

TESTED ON HP EliteBook x360 1030 G3,WORKED REALLY WELL.WELL DONE!

Comment

looks like the .rar got corrupted.

Comment

Originally posted by kc8adu View Post
                      looks like the .rar got corrupted.

Why do you think so?
                      Extracted fine for me.

Comment

Reporting great success on my EliteBook 840 G1!

Desoldered the BIOS chip (with a help of a friend) and modified the bios dump using the unlocker tool.

Anyone worried that HP Unlocker is a virus I can confirm it is not the case. The application is a packaged Python script of circa 60 lines of elegant code! I have reverse enginered the .exe to confirm this. Some antiviruses can get a bit trigger happy because the .exe includes the whole Python runtime which includes libraries to work with sockets and other stuff that can be found in a trojan horse (or any other application).

Comment

Hello,
                          I've successfull removed bios pwd on my 840 G3 with your utility and CH341A programmer. I've soldered 8 wires around bios chip and did the job

Comment

Is it possible to reset bios password without the trouble of unsoldering the bios chip? I mean can we just use your smart /intelligent bios unlocking tools or utilities?

Comment

Originally posted by paratoner View Post
                              Is it possible to reset bios password without the trouble of unsoldering the bios chip? I mean can we just use your smart /intelligent bios unlocking tools or utilities?
                              Well, yes and no. Right now, there aren't any such tools. If somebody finds a way to bypass the lock to write bios region using software, then yes, it would be possible. Mazzif tool for older HP-s is possible because of this. For newer HP-s thing are different.

Other way would be to brute-force the password but that will take an unknown amount of time.

So you are stuck with soic8 clip and/or soldering. It really isn't anything difficult. The problem is that you would need to invest in a few cheap tools. Tho it might be easier/cheaper to just find somebody who has these tools.

Comment

Re: HP BIOS unlock tool --- 3d printed fixture idea

Also I am trying to use pogo-pins and 3D printed fixture to read and program wson8 chips. If anybody has a nice design for that, please do let me know.
                                https://hackaday.com/2019/11/15/need...cture-needles/
                                if the link gets mangled, here's the end of it, just visit hackaday site and tack that on the end.

/2019/11/15/needling-your-projects-3d-printed-pcb-probing-jig-uses-accupuncture-needles/

It's an interesting 3d print using needles instead of pogo pins, it almost looks like a commercial product it's so nice. some good comments on that page too.

Originally posted by 829a98b998874d855ec2ae1c2637fbfa
                                regarding this threads topic, I've been working on a HP EliteBook 840 G2, but still need to assimilate or osmosis all the knowledge before trying any efforts.

thanks in general to everyone providing tools, and confirming their success!
                                Last edited by Stbhfhu6Xs; 02-19-2020, 01:43 AM. Reason: mistakenly stated g4 instead of g2, and comment formatting experimentation.

Comment

Hi there i have a problem when i will install the tool gives it fatal error. Howdo i fix this problem.

Regards

Steve
                                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Stevedb View Post
                                    Hi there i have a problem when i will install the tool gives it fatal error. Howdo i fix this problem.

Regards

Steve
                                    There is nothing to install here - read the thread carefully, especially post #1:

When you have your dump, just drag and drop your file on my HPUnlocker tool and it will create a new file. It will add "_unlocked" to the name of your locked file.

Comment

Hi vesko i tried that but say the error if you want i will take a video

Comment

Hi vesko i tried that but say the error i will take a video

Comment

Originally posted by Stevedb View Post
                                          Hi vesko i tried that but say the error if you want i will take a video
                                          OK upload the file here, I'll try it with the tool myself.

Comment

Working...
                                          X