Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HP 8470p - distorted sound and noise when playing audio

Hello.
    I have an issue with HP 8470p - rather strange one.
    I have a noise and sound distortions on both internal speakers and external speakers, when I plug such into the 3.5mm audio jack.
    Seems like the noise is present especially when I play audio, where there are parts/sections where the volume of the actual recorded sound is low.
    Interestingly, when I play the windows sound test, everything seems to be almost okay. The sound/distortions are similar to when you have interference from some other piece of equipment nearby or when you have an audio receiver with bad amplifier part. Some kind of static, distortions or interference.
    Tried different sound drivers and even live Linux - the problem is present nonetheless. But there is no static noise present, when I do not play anything.
    Could this be other issue with components around the sound chip or it is indeed defective?
    If I play any music or something, where the volume of the original recording isn't low, the issue is hard to notice, if present.
    It is rather puzzling issue. The sound card is IDT. HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_111D&DEV_7605&SUBSYS_103C17C6&REV_1001
    Last edited by televizora; 12-31-2021, 10:31 AM.
    Useful conversions. I don't "speak" imperial. Please use metric, if you want to address me.
    1km=1000m=100000cm, 1inch=2.54cm, 1mile=1609.344meters, 1ft=30.48cm 1gal(US)=3.785liters, 1lb=453grams, 1oz=28.34grams
Working...
X