Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toshiba 46RV530U Issue...

All,
    I got this TV from my brother and I plan to use it in my Man Cave as it has a wide selection of inputs which I will utilize with different equipment.

Anyways the unit was stored in a basement for a about a year, prior to my acquisition of the set, but had issues prior. Its been in the garage for about 3-4 months now.

So I pulled it out of the garage and put it on my test stand and upon plugging it in and powering on I experience what I take as a delayed start. Meaning when I pushed the power button it took a while to get any kind of screen. I am basically outside in this image as the garage door is opened and letting a lot of light in the garage...a lot of light...it was bright and sunny.

As I am not familiar with the TV I left it be and after 5-10 seconds I saw this unusual screen (vertical lines etc).

So I left it be ran and did some errands in town and returned to the second screen (normal). I was gone at least a hour and half.

I hooked up a BluRay player and watched a 2 hour movie without any issue.

The unit was unplugged and it sat over night. I plugged it in today and I received the first screen (vertical lines) again. I did not get the delayed power on as I did before so I am thinking that may have been my mistake.

I am currently letting it sit on as I did before but as of now there has not been a change...its been about 40 minutes...I will let you all know if it changes.

Not much on BadCaps forum about this TV but I have read online there is commonly a problem with the cables attaching the panel screen to the TCON board.

Any ideas of suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
    Chris
    Attached Files
    Last edited by SolomonMan; 06-25-2021, 10:55 AM.

Re: Toshiba 46RV530U Issue...

Tab bonds is my guess. Grab and squeeze the bezel on top and bottom of the affected area. To fix it for a while, shim the affected tab bond.

Comment

CapLeaker,
      Thanks for the reply!

I need to open this thing up to get a better look at its interior...I have had it in "TEST" mode to see if I could recreate yesterdays experience today. I can not recreate after leaving the unit plugged in and on for almost 10 hours straight.

I probably will not get back to this unit till either tomorrow or possibly mid next week unfortunately as my schedule has me traveling for work.

I see online (Ebay etc) that this unit utilizes TCON Flex Cables.

Is that what you are referring?

Or are you thinking bonding tape...I am not sure if this unit utilizes bonding tape to the panel or not?

Again thanks for the help,
      Chris

Comment

It wouldn’t hurt to clean the tcon ribbon cables too. I was referring to the tab bonds directly on the lcd panel. Look at the tab bonds closely where they attach to the circuit board. My next guess is, some “washed” the LCD screen too hard and the water ran down.

Comment

CapLeaker,
          Again thanks for the response!

I will take a look at the TAB bonds, clean the TCON Cables, and let you know what I find.

I am hoping this is fixable, if not I might have some boards available....Cheap!

Thanks
          Chris

Comment

Working...
          X