Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Intel D865GLC AA C28906-410 Recap

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFxQ3...E3C9A7&index=0

Note the multi-ton flywheel on this 125hp miller engine, it serves as inductor and v-core capacitor in concept. Another reason this engine turns low rpm (around 150 rpm) is need for massive flywheel.

Imagine engine without flywheel, engine with few cylinders would fire and break crank after few revolutions and *rough*. I can attest to this when I had a 2 cycle engine flywheel wasn't tight enough and chewed keyway slot in the flywheel up.

On engine with 8 (especially inline) or more cylinders only needs less flywheel. 4 cylinders or more above 1,000rpm flywheels weight requirement goes down because of impulses are much closer together in period of time in 2 revolutions for all cylinders to fire.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ced_EnVJjzc

Contrast this with thinner and lighter flywheel, engine spinning 290 PRM.

Hence the focus on high current ripple rather than capacitance on v-core because it's covered by the high KHz of MOSFET in multiple phase (3 or more phases). There is where polymers excels at this for reliability and take some abuse.

Higher KHz, more efficient use of coil & caps as does higher rpm stores more inertia in flywheel.

Cheers, Wizard

Comment

Originally posted by Wizard
      You drew a diagram minus a inductor coil! This is vital item. This take pulses from the MOSFETs and inductor coil does a "flywheel" in electrical inertia so ripples and spikes are minimized and futher filtered with v-core capacitors.
      Cheers, Wizard
      It was a simplified drawing to explain the basic idea.

If you want to do a complete detailed drawing - go for it.
      Let me see it.

Mann-Made Global Warming.
      - We should be more concerned about the Intellectual Climate.

-
      Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
      -
      You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
      -

Comment

Ok I see PCBONEZ.

Cheers, Wizard

Comment

Working...
        X