Gigabyte GA-7DPXDW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gigabyte GA-7DPXDW

This isn't a very common motherboard. The board is for athlon MP processors and uses the original MPX chipset. It was extremely stable for me for over a year, but I recently began having "machine exception fault" errors all the time. My temps look fine so I decided to take a look at my caps, sure enough, 13 of them are leaking, several pretty bad. My Vcore is 1.75v (hard modded on the chips) but my vcore bounces between 1.7v and 1.76v. Looks like she's gonna be going in for repairs since this board still sells for $180 new. Currently running 2x athlon 2500XP's modded to run in dual, 16.5x multiplier, and 1.75vcore.

Welcome to the boards.

If you need it recapped, feel free to email or PM me.

TC
    <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Motherboard Repair Services

----------------------------------------------
    Badcaps.net Forum Members Folding Team
    http://folding.stanford.edu/
    Team : 49813
    Join in!!
    Team Stats

Comment

Thanks, I probably will be needing it recapped, its crashed 4 times today, its getting almost unusable.

Comment

No prob. I've sent the info to you in a PM.
        <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Motherboard Repair Services

----------------------------------------------
        Badcaps.net Forum Members Folding Team
        http://folding.stanford.edu/
        Team : 49813
        Join in!!
        Team Stats

Comment

Re: Gigabyte GA-7DPXDW

funny about the timing.
          i was pm ing you on 2cpu about the repair of this board and got 5 more emails with the same problem with the same board.
          i now have 7 of these inbound for service.
          seems these boards are all dieing at once.

Originally posted by DracoDan
          This isn't a very common motherboard. The board is for athlon MP processors and uses the original MPX chipset. It was extremely stable for me for over a year, but I recently began having "machine exception fault" errors all the time. My temps look fine so I decided to take a look at my caps, sure enough, 13 of them are leaking, several pretty bad. My Vcore is 1.75v (hard modded on the chips) but my vcore bounces between 1.7v and 1.76v. Looks like she's gonna be going in for repairs since this board still sells for $180 new. Currently running 2x athlon 2500XP's modded to run in dual, 16.5x multiplier, and 1.75vcore.

Comment

I've been talking with topcat here about my issues (thanks for introducing me to these boards). It looks like my best bet is going to be to sell him the board. I made him a respectable offer and he accepted. Now I just have to find a replacement board and cpus before I sell. Im thinking about the Tyan tiger K8W (looks like it has high quality caps ). And getting a single opteron 244. Its going to be hard letting my dual 2.2ghz setup go, its been amazing up until the last few days. BTW, is anyone interested in some nice barton 2500+s @ 2.2ghz/1.75v/MP?

Comment

I might be interested in your processors. email me at wes@gisign.com

Comment

Working...
              X