Badcaps.net Forum
Go Back   Badcaps Forums > Troubleshooting Hardware & Devices and Electronics Theory > Troubleshooting Desktop Motherboards, Graphics Cards, and PC Peripherals
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2022, 05:06 AM   #1
rodbautis
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2022
City & State: cavite
My Country: Philippines
I'm a: Knowledge Seeker
Posts: 4
Default Palit GTX 1050Ti short mosfet value 4C029 RFMOP

hello Please help ...
any compatible value for this mosfet i cant find this exact value in my location.

Palit GTX 1050Ti short mosfet value 4C029 RFMOP


Attached Images
File Type: jpg Presentation1.jpg (78.4 KB, 99 views)

Last edited by SMDFlea; 01-03-2022 at 05:12 AM..
rodbautis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2022, 05:23 AM   #2
rodbautis
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2022
City & State: cavite
My Country: Philippines
I'm a: Knowledge Seeker
Posts: 4
Default Re: Palit GTX 1050Ti short mosfet value 4C029 RFMOP

GPU status No power ...everytime i insert GPU on MObo the test rig cant On so 100% GPU short ... i found the mosfet short now GPU can on but no Display at all . any recomendation compatible mosfet value for this. 4C029 RFMOP
rodbautis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2022, 11:05 AM   #3
DrasticRepairs
Member
 
Join Date: May 2021
City & State: Sinclairville, NY
My Country: United States
I'm a: Knowledge Seeker
Posts: 23
Default Re: Palit GTX 1050Ti short mosfet value 4C029 RFMOP

What's the resistance from the coil next to it to ground? If it's less than 20 ohms, the core is dead. Usually when the memory VRM shorts on nvidia GPUs, it kills all of the VRAM and the core.
DrasticRepairs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2022, 07:37 PM   #4
rodbautis
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2022
City & State: cavite
My Country: Philippines
I'm a: Knowledge Seeker
Posts: 4
Default Re: Palit GTX 1050Ti short mosfet value 4C029 RFMOP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrasticRepairs View Post
What's the resistance from the coil next to it to ground? If it's less than 20 ohms, the core is dead. Usually when the memory VRM shorts on nvidia GPUs, it kills all of the VRAM and the core.
thank you for Reply Bro ..

now my problem is i dont have mosfet ...any link where can i get this mosfet 4C029 RFMOP .... i found on aliexpresss this mosfet but i dont know if this compatible
NTMFS4C029NT1G

Aliexpress
rodbautis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2022, 07:35 AM   #5
manuforti1314
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2021
City & State: Glasgow
My Country: United Kingdom
I'm a: Knowledge Seeker
Posts: 35
Default Re: Palit GTX 1050Ti short mosfet value 4C029 RFMOP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodbautis View Post
thank you for Reply Bro ..

now my problem is i dont have mosfet ...any link where can i get this mosfet 4C029 RFMOP .... i found on aliexpresss this mosfet but i dont know if this compatible
NTMFS4C029NT1G

Aliexpress
If it was my card I would measure the resistance on the core as DrasticRepairs advised. If the core reistance was above the 20 ohms I would buy the chips linked from AliExpress. The RFMOP is just the manufacture/lot/date information.
manuforti1314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2022, 08:14 PM   #6
DrasticRepairs
Member
 
Join Date: May 2021
City & State: Sinclairville, NY
My Country: United States
I'm a: Knowledge Seeker
Posts: 23
Default Re: Palit GTX 1050Ti short mosfet value 4C029 RFMOP

Quote:
Originally Posted by manuforti1314 View Post
If it was my card I would measure the resistance on the core as DrasticRepairs advised. If the core reistance was above the 20 ohms I would buy the chips linked from AliExpress. The RFMOP is just the manufacture/lot/date information.
Actually, that's not quite what I was saying. The rail that has the bad MOSFET is for the VRAM. The core will always fail short, and it's normal for a good gpu to be around 0.1ohms. So the only way to test for a core short is with voltage injection. In this case it's the memory that would be shorted. However, the memory controller in the gpu runs on the same voltage rail as the memory itself and is very sensitive to overvoltage. So 99% of the time, when the memory regulator shorts, the gpu is killed.
The thing that needs to be checked is VMEM (memory voltage rail). If it's shorted, the core is dead.

If the card is turning on, and shows a picture, then the MOSFET really is all that's needed. Aliexpress or eBay are the best options. You can find some comparable chips, but it takes quite awhile to check all of the specs to be sure it's compatible.
DrasticRepairs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 02:50 AM   #7
rodbautis
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2022
City & State: cavite
My Country: Philippines
I'm a: Knowledge Seeker
Posts: 4
Default Re: Palit GTX 1050Ti short mosfet value 4C029 RFMOP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrasticRepairs View Post
Actually, that's not quite what I was saying. The rail that has the bad MOSFET is for the VRAM. The core will always fail short, and it's normal for a good gpu to be around 0.1ohms. So the only way to test for a core short is with voltage injection. In this case it's the memory that would be shorted. However, the memory controller in the gpu runs on the same voltage rail as the memory itself and is very sensitive to overvoltage. So 99% of the time, when the memory regulator shorts, the gpu is killed.
The thing that needs to be checked is VMEM (memory voltage rail). If it's shorted, the core is dead.

If the card is turning on, and shows a picture, then the MOSFET really is all that's needed. Aliexpress or eBay are the best options. You can find some comparable chips, but it takes quite awhile to check all of the specs to be sure it's compatible.
Thank you for hellp .. i rcv my mosfet and Put on GPU ....

GPU got image for few Secs then sudenly Mosfet Burn again.
rodbautis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 04:08 AM   #8
DynaxSC
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2021
City & State: Parcela/Mazowieckie
My Country: Poland
I'm a: Hobbyist Tech
Posts: 163
Default Re: Palit GTX 1050Ti short mosfet value 4C029 RFMOP

Hi, that means that you have cured the symptom not the root cause. Check the resistance as DrasticRepairs suggested. The burned mosfet could mean that the other mosfet is already somewhat defective, or the phase control is not functioning correctly due to some error in the VRM network and it comes to a overlap during phase swithing (both mosfets are conductive in some time), or you have some other short on the memory power consuming network (eg. a defective but not fully shorted capacitor). If GPU and memories are still alive the best (and probably the most effective solution) would be to take off GPU and memories, and then test VMEM with voltage injection if some capacitor shorts. Then you can go with the memory injected voltage somewhat higher than nominal, but no more than 2.5V, thats the caps nominal max. voltage. Then you can also experiment with changing both mosfets, VRM controller, etc. and confirm that GPU/memories are not the root cause. The VRMs usually run normally w/o GPU/Memories on board.

Pls write which mosfet burns - high side or low side. If lowside there is some chance, that GPU and memories have survived, what could be due to the picture has been generated for a few seconds. You can also do the voltage injection w/o taking off GPU/Memories, but then you can't go higher as memory nominal voltage (probably 1,5V ???), and then when "experimenting" with VRM network the risk for GPU/Memories to be destroyed is quite high.

Last edited by DynaxSC; 01-25-2022 at 04:50 AM..
DynaxSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 04:54 AM   #9
piernov
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
City & State: Valbonne, 06
My Country: France
I'm a: Knowledge Seeker
Posts: 3,625
Default Re: Palit GTX 1050Ti short mosfet value 4C029 RFMOP

Usually a good idea to replace MOSFET driver/buck controller at the same time, and check gate resistor if it exists.
Also, no way to know if replacement parts from Aliexpress are any good, large amount of garbage on there…
__________________
OpenBoardView https://github.com/OpenBoardView/OpenBoardView
piernov is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



Badcaps.net Technical Forums 2003 - 2022
Powered by vBulletin ®
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:09 PM.
Did you find this forum helpful?