Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Abit AT7 Acting weird

Hello,

My Abit AT7 is acting strange. It'll POST and everything, but it won't detect a keyboard. (It's all USB, and I tried my keyboard in all 6 USB ports on the mobo). My keyboard light's won't even flash when I power my machine up.

I checked, and there are 2 bulging caps around the top 2 USB ports, and 7 more bulging caps around other parts of the board. Could this be the reason for it not working? It was working before, and the caps have always been like this. Now, all of a sudden, it doesn't work anymore.

Could these caps also be the reason why some of the USB ports don't even work...period?

Thanks!

Re: Abit AT7 Acting weird

Yes, that's very probably the reason of your problems. Could you post a picture of the board so we could help you out?

Comment

Do you have a PS/2 keyboard to test it? I know in all of the motherboards that I have, USB keyboard and mouse support is disabled in the BIOS if it gets reset. I would think that a USB keyboard will not work if it is disabled in the BIOS. Do the USB ports work for anything else? Don't know if it could be a capacitor issue but it could be I guess.

Comment

Sorry, I can't get any pictures.

the board is all USB, and there is no Ps/2 on it
        i took it down to a pc repair center, and they're currently replacing the capacitors

thanks guys

Comment

Working...
        X