MSI MS-9121 vs IBM Z-pro Intellistation 6221

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MSI MS-9121 vs IBM Z-pro Intellistation 6221

They use the same board, but with different bios's. I guess IBM recaps the boards when they get them from MSI, as the pictures on MSI's website shows it has some yellow caps, probalby Fujitsu polymers, and the VRM caps are Nichicons, and the rest are Sanyo's.

On my IBM version, all the yellow caps are replaced by Sanyo OScon's, the Nichicons were replaced by Rubycons, and the rest are the same sanyo's.

First pic is of the MSI, second is of the IBM.
    Attached Files

Re: MSI MS-9121 vs IBM Z-pro Intellistation 6221

I think IBM has enough clout to specify what caps get installed on the boards they order.
    Mann-Made Global Warming.
    - We should be more concerned about the Intellectual Climate.

-
    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
    -
    You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
    -

Comment

Well, its good they replaced the Nichicon's around the VRM, as this board was made in the 2003 era, I believe when Nichicon had some defects in some of their capacitors.

I believe they are Rubycon MBZ's

Comment

Just Nichicon HN and HM had problems.
        Mann-Made Global Warming.
        - We should be more concerned about the Intellectual Climate.

-
        Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
        -
        You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
        -

Comment

Working...
        X