55" Element tv turns on, no picture E4SJ5517BF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 55" Element tv turns on, no picture E4SJ5517BF

shit, the pictures stayed behind but it's post #16 with the pics.

Comment

Gotcha

Comment

Will check this afternoon after work

Comment

ok, also look at post #10, see all the little round copper looking spots by the connector where the ribbon cable plugs in, test those with tcon plugged in and hit power, see if you find any voltage on any of them.

Comment

If you look at post #7, 1st picture... there's a legend for those copper test points. I only see one of those points that should read 12v. Are there more points that should have 12v, even if they're not labeled 12v?

Comment

you do have 12 on the first one? if so follow out the trace to the next stop.

Comment

so if you have 12 there you should have 12 on the fuse that would be the next stop.

Comment

I did have 12v at the fuse, when the tv would power on. Now that it won't power on, I can't test at the fuse. However, with that cable unplugged, I'm still able to test for 12v coming from the main board, which I do have. I just need to find that stinkin short

Comment

for sure, does anyone know why the fuse would be short to ground?

Comment

I'll post a pic of the back side of the board when I get home. I have a hunch of the general area that is causing the short

Comment

ok, did you recheck the pads where the caps came off that you removed to see if the short is still there on the pads?

Comment

Yes, the short is still there

Comment

Ok so I discovered vias which are small holes connecting the front and back of the circuit board. In the pic, the far right red circle is where the fuse leads to, in turn, feeding the blue circles on the left. I'll do a little more desoldering and see what I come up with.
                            Attached Files

Comment

I think I'm done unless someone wants to come tackle this. I removed the rest of the caps that looked like they were traced back to the fuse. Still getting a short to ground(now about 80ohms). The only traces that look like they're connected to fuse, lead to the 2 chips. I think this is out of my expertise to go any farther

Comment

I'm baffled too, seems like it would be fairly simple to find that short but it sure isn't.

Comment

Probably one of the chips is shorted out. I might attempt to replace one at some point but I'm gonna hang it up for now. I do appreciate all the help though!!

Comment

Working...
                                  X