Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hisense Roku Tv 55R6E3 steady red led help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hisense Roku Tv 55R6E3 steady red led help.

let do it more easy way.. yours reading after you plugged it in wall tell the PCB working and provide 12 and 20V to MB... so just plug it in wall again and power it on... and give attention only the Optical Audio output at MB if it lit Red... you can plug USB mouse too at any USB port to see if the the IR of ,ouse lit red too so we will know the 5V we do have at MB or not.

Comment

ok, you need to do these tests, do the one Diah gave right above, it's an easy test.

Comment

Originally posted by Diah View Post
        let do it more easy way.. yours reading after you plugged it in wall tell the PCB working and provide 12 and 20V to MB... so just plug it in wall again and power it on... and give attention only the Optical Audio output at MB if it lit Red... you can plug USB mouse too at any USB port to see if the the IR of ,mouse lit red too so we will know the 5V we do have at MB or not.
        Thanks Diah; the optical light is off ,i plug a usb game mouse that has a led and it blinks every 15 seconds, the same as the red led on tv.

Comment

Originally posted by ivtec View Post
          Thanks Diah; the optical light is off ,i plug a usb game mouse that has a led and it blinks every 15 seconds, the same as the red led on tv.
          no boot at all...
          do you have LED tester to test the BL from the socket

Comment

Originally posted by Diah View Post
            no boot at all...
            do you have LED tester to test the BL from the socket
            No Mate ,i don't.I'll wait maybe i will find another same module# in the curb, i have another rokutv ONN 50''module#100005396 dismantled on my scrap and i know its fault is a burned led strip ,i'm also waiting on same module so i can have a leds strip,i don't want to spend any money on tv parts ,i have a whole bunch of older 1080 p led and lcd flat panels, if one day i can either find or repair any of theses tv fine if not no problem, besides i mostly like to watch live football (Soccer they call it here in USA )cheap iptv streaming and no 4 k video, and there is no Ota or not much important 4 k free streams content to watch. Thanks mate for trying.
            Last edited by ivtec; 05-10-2022, 03:20 PM.

Comment

Thanks Kenny. Since you mention all that about your Roku tv .Today i went down to seller where i have the Tv. connected tv to power outlet i notice that it's not a steady red led, as soon i plug in the power plug it goes red and then gives 1 blink every about 15 seconds or so.I never prayed attention to that detail since i'm getting older and my eyes are not what what they use to be .i have a tight place to work on my tvs ,my son moved in after a failed marriage and occupied my work place where i use to work on my tvs, with furniture and all his stuff, so i have no room ,light or space to test my tvs properly that i love to work on.

I can try to flash the Bios on this tv ,can you share detailed info on how to do it. Thanks i appreciate your input.

By the way does a Roku device remote control, i have 3 , works with these Roku tvs ?
              I had a problem with the red-light blinking and it was a easy fix for me. Here is a link that explain some of the reasons for it blinking and some of the fixes.
              https://myaudiolover.com/hisense-tv-blinking-red-light/

Here is the manual for your tv. In the manual on page 122 is how to reset various hisense TV s. Some have a reset button on the back of the TV between the F connector and the USB connector. Also, note in the PFD format the PFD page will be 128
              Attached Files
              Last edited by keeney123; 05-10-2022, 09:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by keeney123 View Post
                I had a problem with the red-light blinking and it was a easy fix for me. Here is a link that explain some of the reasons for it blinking and some of the fixes.
                https://myaudiolover.com/hisense-tv-blinking-red-light/

Here is the manual for your tv. In the manual on page 122 is how to reset various hisense TV s. Some have a reset button on the back of the TV between the F connector and the USB connector. Also, note in the PFD format the PFD page will be 128
                Tanks mate for the info; i tried all that a thousand times and no avail, it can be main board ,the BL or something else, i'm not spending any money on this cheap tv, if i find other tv like this on the curb i'll swap parts, if not send it to landfill.I appreciate your info though.

Comment

Tanks mate for the info; i tried all that a thousand times and no avail, it can be main board ,the BL or something else, i'm not spending any money on this cheap tv, if i find other tv like this on the curb i'll swap parts, if not send it to landfill.I appreciate your info though.
                  I think you are wise not to spend money on a TV. I once repair a Sony TV the backlights went out. I spent $168 to replace all the backlights. The TV lasted for 6 months and then I had a problem with the horizonal line gates built into the display which cause double images. I then decided that I would get the cheapest thing on the market and if it lasted 4 years that would be kind of ok. All the TVs that come out today are garbage. You won't see them lasting 20 years like the old CRT.

Comment

Originally posted by keeney123 View Post
                    I think you are wise not to spend money on a TV. I once repair a Sony TV the backlights went out. I spent $168 to replace all the backlights. The TV lasted for 6 months and then I had a problem with the horizonal line gates built into the display which cause double images. I then decided that I would get the cheapest thing on the market and if it lasted 4 years that would be kind of ok. All the TVs that come out today are garbage. You won't see them lasting 20 years like the old CRT.
                    I feel you,i rarely spend any money on any of the tvs that i find in the curb, and if i do has to be minimal on only components that i don't have on my scrap, i have tones of components and boards that i take out of tvs that i find on the landfill , normally when i find a tv that i like i either strip them of all boards or if panel is not broken i bring it home and if i have to spend any money i just strip out the boards and take it back to landfill. I have a dozen working tvs that i fixed in my house spread all over the rooms, as well Computers, i'm not a repair man for money, I just fix stuff for me and family just for funn. And you talk about old CRT technology ,i just trashed a few months ago my the only tv i bought in US a Sony 36hs500 that i bought in 2000 when i arrived in US and it was in working perfect condition because i found 3 46'' lcd panels those that can be easy fixed ,but it broke my heart to see my old Sony CRT go ,my son got divorced and came to live in my apart and brought all his stuff and had to make room for him, so got rid of this big CRT.
                    Last edited by ivtec; 05-14-2022, 04:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X