Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LG OLED55B8PLA problem

Hey there,
    So I got a problem with my LG OLED TV (OLED55B8PLA).

the problem is that the tv won‘t power on some times, the led stays red and won‘t even blink, just solid red when I try to turn it on. USB devices connected won‘t light up. 1/4 of the screen (left side) shows some green „clouds“ that are getting brighter everytime I turn the tv on and after some tries the tv finally turns on. Sometimes it takes 10 tries and some times 100 or even more tries.

When the tv is on, everything works fine, hdmi outputs, usb inputs, wifi, bluetooth, etc is working as it should. screen shows no dead pixels or lines, no clouding, nothing, everything is working perfect.

If I turn the tv off, and back on in lets say under an hour, it will turn on immediately, but the longer the tv is off, the longer it takes to turn it back on.

so I bought me a service remote, tried powering it on with p-only, same problem. BUT(!) I did a factory reset (in stop) and the tv is working for like 5 days without a problem, turns on everytime just fine, after like 5 days the problem
    will come back.

What I‘m doing now is a factory reset (in stop) every 3 days and I have no problems so far, but it‘s really annoying always setting the tv up again and re-downloading apps.

I could get a bundle (cables, lvds, mainboard, tcon, wifi, remote, power supply, basically everything just without the screen) for 50€ (like 52$) that‘s working and tested! But I'm not sure if that would fix the problem or could the panel be the problem? I‘ve searched online but never found anybody with the same problem. It‘s always different. I just want to be sure if it‘s the screen or something else causing these issues.

I have no experience with oled tv‘s or tv's in general to be honest. I do have a multimeter and experience with electronics, just not tv‘s.

thanks for any help.

Re: LG OLED55B8PLA problem

which firmware version yours TV?

Comment

It‘s on 05.40.26, should be the newest one

Comment

search over here or the web how to downgrade LG OLED with Apache server on PC, then downgrade yours to version lower.. after that do In_STOP then update via TV update app and later do IN_STOP last time... or you can remain on old version.

the problem you have the TEMP at T-CON driver boards didnt clear itself due eeprom lack on T-CON boards.. but if we downgrade it and write other version it could repair the eeprom (SPI on T-CON) at OLED platform 90%

here are 2 old version of yours B8 04.10.06 from 09.2018 & 05.10.10 from 07.2019

Comment

I tried downgrading with LgDTVUpDater but I always get a Error on the Tv „There was a problem to update, software will be reverted to previous version“. I tried with both firmwares. Notebook and Tv are connected with LAN / Ethernet, Firewall is disabled and I can see the update on screen, but everytime I click on „yes“ to update, the error message shows up. Maybe the firmware I‘m on now doesn‘t allow downgrading anymore? Or I‘m doing something wrong. I did exactly as described on a German website.

edit: just found out it won‘t work after 05.xx.xx on the b8, but there is another method. I‘ll try later.
          Last edited by funyy; 04-30-2022, 11:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by funyy View Post
            edit: just found out it won‘t work after 05.xx.xx on the b8, but there is another method. I‘ll try later.
            dont give up it work... read here other ways to get rid of LG scam make last Firmware to distroied Tvs and let you buy new.

Comment

This was actually the method i meant, the one you linked.
              I got the TV on 05.30.25 now, currently downloading 04.10.06 maybe I even downgrade it on this version. But the method you said should work on 05.30.25 also? Just do a factory reset (in_stop) now?

Comment

This was actually the method i meant, the one you linked.
                I got the TV on 05.30.25 now, currently downloading 04.10.06 maybe I even downgrade it on this version. But the method you said should work on 05.30.25 also? Just do a factory reset (in_stop) now?
                so it work... now just plug it out from any net connection... do In_stop set it again and disable firmware update then plug it to yours router... you may also block the online update of lg at router... try it over week to see if yours issue solved.

Comment

yes it worked and I did as you said. I hope the issue is solved now, but I‘ll see in a week. If it works i leave tv on current firmware and won‘t update/downgrade it anymore.

Comment

Nice work Diah, you ARE the tv whisperer.

Comment

Problem just came back today..

I took the t-con out of the tv today and looked for short circuits on the board with my multimeter. All of the capacitors on DVDD09_CORE have a short to ground, I couldn‘t locate it.

The fuses on t-con are good.

Q6006 in the PMIC section does look a little bit weird too, maybe burned? it‘s not melted or something, but the surface is much darker and matte in the middle, it‘s not fingerprint or oil. I made a picture of it, not the best but I hope you can see what I mean. I can‘t read the model number on it, if I knew what chip I would measure it to make sure it‘s ok or not.

Should I buy the bundle and maybe try with new parts?
                      Attached Files

Comment

maybe 05.30.25 had same level firmware so the fault remain the same... so try downgrade to early firmware 4.xxx so we will be sure the micom version will definitely written. the version you can see at in_start or also az_adj.

Comment

Hey there,
                          So I got a problem with my LG OLED TV (OLED55B8PLA).

the problem is that the tv won‘t power on some times, the led stays red and won‘t even blink, just solid red when I try to turn it on. USB devices connected won‘t light up. 1/4 of the screen (left side) shows some green „clouds“ that are getting brighter everytime I turn the tv on and after some tries the tv finally turns on. Sometimes it takes 10 tries and some times 100 or even more tries.

When the tv is on, everything works fine, hdmi outputs, usb inputs, wifi, bluetooth, etc is working as it should. screen shows no dead pixels or lines, no clouding, nothing, everything is working perfect.

If I turn the tv off, and back on in lets say under an hour, it will turn on immediately, but the longer the tv is off, the longer it takes to turn it back on.

so I bought me a service remote, tried powering it on with p-only, same problem. BUT(!) I did a factory reset (in stop) and the tv is working for like 5 days without a problem, turns on everytime just fine, after like 5 days the problem
                          will come back.

What I‘m doing now is a factory reset (in stop) every 3 days and I have no problems so far, but it‘s really annoying always setting the tv up again and re-downloading apps.

I could get a bundle (cables, lvds, mainboard, tcon, wifi, remote, power supply, basically everything just without the screen) for 50€ (like 52$) that‘s working and tested! But I'm not sure if that would fix the problem or could the panel be the problem? I‘ve searched online but never found anybody with the same problem. It‘s always different. I just want to be sure if it‘s the screen or something else causing these issues.

I have no experience with oled tv‘s or tv's in general to be honest. I do have a multimeter and experience with electronics, just not tv‘s.

thanks for any help.
                          This seems to be more of a voltage issue than firmware. More related to temp.
                          I assume no responsibility for any stupid suggestions I might post.

Comment

kind of seems like the mainboard won't hold the info for very long.

Comment

Thanks all, I purchased the bundle, 50€ wasn‘t that much so I thought I‘ll just buy it. I have to wait now and until the package arrives I‘ll try downgrading the TV. If that works I‘ll just have some spare parts laying around. I‘ll post an update and let you guys know! I just hope it isn‘t the panel.

Comment

Thanks all, I purchased the bundle, 50€ wasn‘t that much so I thought I‘ll just buy it. I have to wait now and until the package arrives I‘ll try downgrading the TV. If that works I‘ll just have some spare parts laying around. I‘ll post an update and let you guys know! I just hope it isn‘t the panel.
                                now 10 days after yours last report... so did the issue remain or disappeared.

Comment

Working...
                                X