Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Backup To OneDrive Software? Everything! Best Software?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Backup To OneDrive Software? Everything! Best Software?

I contacted Microsoft and they said they do not have software to where you could backup all your files to one drive. I mean you can copy some of your files to your one drive folder and back stuff up. However, it does not do this automatically.

I have around (10) hard drives I want to backup to the cloud with One Drive. What is the best software to do this with?

AOMEI Backupper
    I Drive
    Easeus

I do not want a Cloud Plan. I just need the software to take my DATA and Transfer it to the cloud in a nice, readable, viewable fashion. I wish there was software that acts just like one drive to where it syncs as files change however, I do not think that exists. I do not want some crappy backup file extension where all my data goes into one big data dump file.

Does this exist?

Can you help?

Recommendations?

I would love to have software to where I can connect my one drive up. Point the folder or drive I want backed up and let it upload for days all of my data to my cloud drive.

Bonus

When a change is my it detects it and backs that file up or replaces it

However, if that is not possible I would simply like to copy my files over to one drive with this software and back up everything to one drive. Am I making sense?

Please help with any recommendations.

Thanks!

Re: Backup To OneDrive Software? Everything! Best Software?

I have around 64 TB of DATA I would like to back up on Cloud Storage. I plan to get a 5+/- business accounts with Microsoft in order to get unlimited cloud storage. I don't care that it will takes days/weeks to get all my DATA to the cloud. I just want a good clean backup that I can access. Great Point. I do not want it in an Archive status. That is Crap.

I need an EPIC piece of software that will let me transfer all of my DATA from my computer to one drive perfectly. Whether it be 5TB, 15TB or 64 TB. The sky is the limit.

I know. But how do I add the folder without copying everything to my drive twice over?

My One Drive is on my C: Drive and For Example I want to Copy ... Lets say two hard drives. D and E. Totaling 10 TB.

I do not want to copy D and E drives to my C drive and the cloud when I drag and copy of them over. I just want to copy D and E to the Cloud. No where else.

Comment

Is this of any help? I'm sure there are other ways to do it. https://www.techrepublic.com/article...-for-business/

Comment

If you need to get 5ish accounts to get back up your stuff then that suggests its the wrong solution, I think something like Backblaze or Carbonite would be better.

Comment

Originally posted by R_J View Post
          Is this of any help? I'm sure there are other ways to do it. https://www.techrepublic.com/article...-for-business/
          That is interesting. I mean I have one drive business already on my explorer. I could drag and copy anything to it. However, it takes up hard drive space on my computer.

That may create a network only drive to where all it does is upload directly to the one drive and not add any extra data to one of my drives.

Comment

Originally posted by diif View Post
            If you need to get 5ish accounts to get back up your stuff then that suggests its the wrong solution, I think something like Backblaze or Carbonite would be better.
            I agree. That can get expensive and excessive. However, I really like the one drive experience and accessibility.

Blackblaze or Carbonite put your data into a really crappy archieve state. Pretty much only good for if your hard drive craps out you have a back up somewhere in outer space. I hear you can even have them send you a physical drive for a Fee because you don't want to wait for everything to be downloaded.

I would rather be in 100% control of my data and be able to access it live.

Comment

You have no control when it's off site, regardless of the provider.

Comment

You have no control when it's off site, regardless of the provider.
                Well I mean full control as is moving around the data, playing with it, and copying it back to my computer how I want.

I don't want the files in a proprietary archive format.

Comment

You can download individual files from both Backblaze and Carbonite.

Comment

You can download individual files from both Backblaze and Carbonite.
                    So you are saying that blackblaze and carbonite is exactly like having one drive on your computer?

Here is a lame solution below:

So far it looks like my best option is to:

Copy about 1TB of data to my onedrive folder at a time.

Then click “free space”

That will remove the data from my hard drive and leave it online with the cloud.

Rinse and repeat until all my data is on the cloud.

I was going to use the “web browser” to simply upload the files from say i.e. my D drive however, the browser is horrible and hangs all the time. Even one a million dollar computer.

Comment

I thought you wanted cloud backup not cloud storage ?

Comment

I thought you wanted cloud backup not cloud storage ?
                        I want to use cloud storage as a cloud backup. Have the best of both worlds. Accessible Backed Up data.

I am getting a lot create a SMB, NAS, VPS servers. Some at home. However, what happens if your house burns down?

Comment

read the smallprint.
                          they own your data, can mine it for valuable or illegal content,
                          and can delete your account on a sketchy excuse.

build a cmputer full of big drives and put it under the stairs or something.

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
                            read the smallprint.
                            they own your data, can mine it for valuable or illegal content,
                            and can delete your account on a sketchy excuse.

build a cmputer full of big drives and put it under the stairs or something.
                            I see. So are you saying under the stairs is safe from fire? What if your house burns down?

Maybe buy two 8 Bay server towers ? Have one at home and one at a family members house? No way both houses can burn down at the same time.

Comment

yes, build 2 and put them in different locations - use a program like Rsync to mirror them.

maybe look into this:
                              https://www.truenas.com/truenas-core/

you want to use the ZFS file system btw,
                              it can detect corrupted files - no other system can

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
                                yes, build 2 and put them in different locations - use a program like Rsync to mirror them.

maybe look into this:
                                https://www.truenas.com/truenas-core/

you want to use the ZFS file system btw,
                                it can detect corrupted files - no other system can
                                I bet you like how Facebook lost billions of dollars. Lol.

Comment

i dont know how "LifeLog™" could have been worth billions to begin with.
                                  it has no "product" other than illegally mining personal information for government agencies,
                                  and it has no hard assets other than it's server facilities.

Comment

Originally posted by NeedsPractice View Post
                                    I bet you like how Facebook lost billions of dollars. Lol.
                                    I smiled a little inside too.

FWIW, I trust no 'cloud' or 'service' with my data.
                                    <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Motherboard Repair Services

----------------------------------------------
                                    Badcaps.net Forum Members Folding Team
                                    http://folding.stanford.edu/
                                    Team : 49813
                                    Join in!!
                                    Team Stats

Comment

Working...
                                    X