55" Element tv turns on, no picture E4SJ5517BF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 55" Element tv turns on, no picture

So I'm just starting to study the schematic. Can't really make heads or tails of it but I'm not giving up yet. One thing I did notice is, when the tv is turned on, the right chip gets hot to the touch but the left one stays cold. Not sure if that is a simple sign for anything.

Comment

What is the number of the other chip?
      Try checking for vin_12 pins on schematic. They may have same pin out.
      Last edited by dskall; 05-02-2022, 07:21 PM.
      I assume no responsibility for any stupid suggestions I might post.

Comment

I'll check that other chip tonight and try to get some numbers. It's very hard to read as the characters are very faded

Comment

Re: 55" Element tv turns on, no picture E4SJ5517BF

This is the right chip. I was able to clean it.
          Attached Files

Comment

Well I might be at my wits end here. As I was probing, I think I crossed a couple of spots I shouldn't have. All of a sudden the tv shut off. Now it won't power on unless the panel driver ribbon cable is unplugged. Ugh

Comment

Check your fuse marked Z

Comment

Ok will do. Where is that fuse located? I'm not seeing a fuse symbol on the schematic

Comment

I did some looking back through the pics. I'm assuming this is the fuse. Will check it tonight
                  Attached Files

Comment

Here's another question...On the legend, there's a test point that says VIN1 12v, but on the other side of the fuse it says 32v? Am I reading this right?
                    Attached Files

Comment

Is there supposed to be 12v on one side and 32v on the other?
                      Last edited by Jerdejong; 05-04-2022, 08:17 AM. Reason: Corrected

Comment

Originally posted by Jerdejong View Post
                        Is there supposed to be 12v on one side and 32v on the other?
                        This is the fuse rating for 32V and 5A.

Comment

Ok thanks

Comment

Fuse looks good. It does have a reading of 190 ohms to ground though. Not sure if that's normal. That was tested with the ribbon cable unplugged and a ground point on the board

Comment

Does it have 12v on both sides?

Comment

I can't check for 12 because the tv will only turn on with that ribbon cable unplugged

Comment

I'm thinking this tv is ready for recycling

Comment

ok, easy test, test the little caps on the panel driver board, test for a short, diode mode, neg probe on ground, usually the gold looking part on the end of board with a hole there, pos probe on each side of capacitor, doesn't matter which probe goes to ground in his case, one side should continuous beep or read close to 000, other side should not beep or have a reading maybe 655 or something far from 000, if you find a short, it may be only one cap or it may be something else making it read short. Can also test for very low ohms in ohm mode, these tests done with tv UNPLUGGED, in case someones looking on who might not know.

Comment

I'm not seeing any caps directly shorted out but there are a lot that read 150ohms on the positive side.

Comment

ok, maybe the thing to do is run the powerboard as stand alone to see if the voltages are what they should be and to see if the backlights come on and stay on.

Comment

not exactly sure what all needs to be jumped, could try jumping ps-on with standby pin, that's with the cable unhooked of course. Some use resistors for safety in case they make a mistake in connecting.

Comment

Working...
                                          X