CAr amplifier input sensitivity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CAr amplifier input sensitivity

Hi people! I would like to ask you for hints, how to increase the input sensitivity on a car amplifier. My old amp had much higher senstivity (or higher gain) but it was a bit underpowered, and became quite warm. Since it is mounted in a crowded space with little ventilation, i decided to replace it with a bigger one. This one warms up much less and drives my sub much better, everything is fine, but with this amp i have to crank up the volume much more. It's a chinese head unit with pretty low RCA outputs. So i thought maybe increase the input sensitivity on the amp. Here is a picture of the input, what parts should i change? Maybe change the R306 from 2.7K to let's say 3.3K? Or play with the OP amp gain? Sorry if my question is dumb, i'm not very into this thing, that's why i'm asking some help here. Thanks in advance!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by forgonati; 04-22-2022, 02:11 AM.

Re: CAr amplifier input sensitivity

Well, this post is over a year old, and basically no responses at all. It's pretty disappointing that over 370 views nobody gave a damn to answer... Badcaps is not what it used to be 13 years ago when i opened an account here. I managed to solve this problem by myself, but still, disappointing.

Comment

Originally posted by forgonati View Post
      Well, this post is over a year old, and basically no responses at all. It's pretty disappointing that over 370 views nobody gave a damn to answer... Badcaps is not what it used to be 13 years ago when i opened an account here. I managed to solve this problem by myself, but still, disappointing.
      Why didn`t you bump the thread ? .
      All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

what happens with a hotter input ?

Comment

Whenever I post a request for help but eventually solve myself I at least will post what I found...

Comment

Working...
          X