• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi. I'm new here and looking forward to learning any getting involved

Comment

hello im Rayo, and looking and see if someone can help me on this i have allison transmission and i cant see to figure out how to fix it is a Allison Transmission ECU 2952424, does any one has work on this before please help

Comment

Olá, meu nome è Fernando, sou professor de montagem e manutenção de computadores, devido a pandemia estou desempregado e fazendo alguns bicos de reparação de PCs e Vídeo Games.
        Obrigado por me aceitar no fórum....

Comment

Hello from France. My name Aymen.
          Nice to meet you!

Comment

Hi all,

I'm julien, i'm a french A/V technician, i live in the south west of france.
            I work for the after-sales service of a household appliance store.
            For 90% i repair TVs and 10% audio equipment. The brands i work on : Panasonic, Sony, Samsung, Philips, Yamaha.

I will be happy to share my repairs but it is unfortunately often already solved on this forum

Comment

Hello everyone and thank you for accepting me as a newbie.

My background is from a Military Aircraft Electrical career moving on into Electrical/Electronic equipment production.

I found this forum while searching for help with a Hanns.G HL272 monitor which has suddenly gone very dim and I am hoping that someone can help me fix it

Thanks

Comment

Hello Everyone,

I am a computer Engineer who has little knowledge in computer and more knowledge in games. I joined this forum because when a repair guy in my city Islamabad did not know how to repair laptop , began searching on internet to find a solution and found this forum helpful and started DIY for my laptop. I like to help others . It happens to me i fix other people things but my own left remain untouched.

Thanks for your time

I hope i will learn and share information.

Thanks again.

Comment

Hey, I'm new to this forum. This post is mainly to fulfill the requirements to access all of the features.

I don't know much but am always anxious to learn I've just started with repairing boards and surface mount components. My first real fix is going to be a GL751 board - thanks to whomever posted the schematic. I couldn't figure out what that capacitor was for the life of me. Now i have it ordered and its on its way! So thank you!

Comment

Hello.
                    I am new at this forum. I have read it a few times and got help here also.
                    I am from Estonia.

Comment

Hi everyone.
                      Another member here with a lot of whises to learn about pc electrónicas.

Comment

Hello everyone,
                        I fixed one Monitor with help from this forum and badcap.net purchase. That monitor is still working strong! Now I have a TV from my daughter that only displays black and white on HDMI ports. I hope I can find a solution here.

Thanks,
                        David

Comment

Hi everyone. Been messing around with electronics since the 1970's. Was an aircraft radio tech but now in the auto trade diagnosing elctronic faults.

Comment

Good day. I am an electrician. You might ask how a girl can be an electrician, but she is. I chose this profession 5 years ago and am quite satisfied. I enjoy spending time in the garage. I hope we will be friends.

Comment

hello. i'm bulkchart32. i've been getting into pc and original xbox work as a hobby lately and capacitors are complicated. i hope to learn more about them here.

Comment

Hello all,
                                I'm a retired software engineer now enjoying working on hardware. Recently had to reflow the solder on a Vizio TV main board which led me back to badcaps after visiting many years ago while replacing bad caps on computer motherboards. I also have done several IoT projects including both software and hardware.

It's nice to have a resource such as this to help make an EE degree from 35 years ago useful again.

Comment

Hello Everyone

i'm Taylor from Algeria north of africa i'm a programmer with c language
                                  im coming here to understand the basics how to repair laptops and other electronics devices

Thanks to all members

Comment

Hi I'm new to the forum. I hope I can be helpful but my own electronics background is mostly just troubleshooting things that break around the house. I did follow threads here at this time because I'm trying to fix my Samsung UN75F6300 tv and I hope I could get some advice here.
                                    Thx!

Comment

Originally posted by petabyte View Post
                                      As this is a brand new forum, I thought I'd open up a thread to encourage new members to introduce themselves a bit.. now hey.. let's not get too personal.. ok ?

And if you wouldn't mind to keep this thread "clean" let's try to keep the the chitchat (i.e. even the welcome to the board replies) to a minimum or this thread may get to 100 pages fast

So I'll start things off :

My name is petabyte and I'm a forum junkie. :oops: I've been off the wagon for a number of years and countless times I've tried to stop but it's useless.. I need to feed my learning addiction.. :!:

Now just a bit about me.. I'm a fairly secretive guy in terms of privacy on the net.. especially when the things you write are visable to anyone with a net connection. But I love to share the info and knowledge I have, so that's why I'm here, to share and learn.

my formal education is that of an electronic engineer and I held a field service position with a firm for over 20 years.. that job is gone now along with company car and laptop <cry> oh well..
                                      So needless to say (but i will) I've always tinkered with things.. yes, a hacker.. (too bad that term lost it's orignal meaning) a hardware hacker mostly.. hacking fixes in whatever I find that breaks.. (except for cars, I have friends for that) I got started a little late into the computers, my first box was an ibm pc-xt with a whopping 10meg HD,blazing fast 4.66mhz 8086 processor, 640k mem running dos 3.3.. man was I cool back then.. :roll: nevermind..

so these days, I'm forced to be a software guy as well.. as I fix pc's for friends and that usually means cleaning virus/trojan/adware and reinstalling OS's.. yeah hardware breaks but not that often :cry: so as a result, I keep up on my software knowledge by visting a few security forums.. and trolling around a few hardware forums as well.

now I found this place from a thread at motherboards.org/forums
                                      where I've been hanging out lately.. it's a nice friendly place with some pretty smart people.. mostly, of course, it's about mobo's.. So this person mentioned badcaps.net and I recalled reading articles a year or so ago about the faulty caps and was curious as to what you guys were up to.. and I said "w00t.. they have a forum"..

and so now.. you're stuck with me :P

so what's your story ? come on.. give it up..
                                      Hello

Comment

Hi everyone, I am a new member. I hope to find the solutions I need on this forum, as well as share my solutions with everyone.thanks all

Comment

Hello, New member here. Working on rescuing my Samsung UN55KS800DFXZA from the dreaded power cycling problem. I'm a retired software hack, but I like to learn things while fixing broken thing. Or maybe, it's just that I'm cheap and don't want to spend money on replacements when a few hours of time and a few $$$ can repair the broken thing.

I have the TV opened up and have isolated the power and main boards and am in the process of trying to figure out which (if not both) have an issue. Brushing up on my electronics to test components against the values in the service manual that I purchased/downloaded today. Haven't blown anything up so far, so I call it a successful day...so far. I will be looking for help when I get to a point that I'm over my head.

So far I've read a dozen threads and am getting used what I should be looking for. Nobody is looking at this same model, but it appears to be common problems with Samsung (if not all...) TV's. I was disappointed to see similar issues with even newer Samsung TV's than mine.

At any rate, looking forward to interacting with you as I wind my way through this mess.

Comment

Working...
                                          X