X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi Everyone,

I'm an electronics engineer in Australia who likes to fix things as a hobby.

Cheers,

David.

Comment

Hi dudes!

My name is Umberto,I'm born in 1966 in Italy and I work as TV tech.
      My father started this activity in 1954 so my lab is the eldest in my city.
      I don't speak english good,so please forgive my mistakes

I hope to give my contribution to this community,sharing is of capital importance in the wordl of today

If you are in love with the vacuum tube technology, please feel free to visit my homepage at

http://www.umberto-alessio.it/

Thank You very much for letting me join You!

Best Regards

Umberto

Comment

Hi,

Joined this site, looks like it has a lot of great info. Hopefully it can help me fix my tv

Comment

Hi, my name is Colin Talbert, i some what off a computer tech, from Merica. thanks for the site.

Comment

My name is Danny van laar From Netherlands Im a computer laptop Tecnician
            Thanks and its nice to be involved

Comment

Hi,

I found this site a few years ago when I needed to fix a friend's tv. I have a new broken tv that I can't seem to figure out so now I'm signing up to receive some of the generous help that the people here provide.

Thanks!

Comment

Hello,
                I have been an avid follower of this site for over a year. I am an industrial maintenance and PLC technician as well as self taught computer geek and general "Mr. Fix-it". I enjoy tinkering with everything from automobiles to computers to electronics. I am new to the televisions troubleshooting thing but I have a good general knowledge of the basics and most of the necessary equipment (multimeter, soldering iron, etc) and a willingness to listen and learn. I have read and studied many of the threads here including Budm's basic guides. After looking at a practically new Samsung LCD hanging on the wall uselessly for over 2 years, I'm ready to attempt to fix the beast or trash it and move on....I hope that you guys voluminous expertise can point me in the right direction. Thanks in advance for all the great things you folks do to help others out!

Comment

Hi folks,

Diesel mechanic who ended up preferring a fluke meter over a big freaking wrench. Here to learn!

Cheers!

Dan

Comment

Hello,

I am student although completely unrelated to electronics or tech repair. I like tinkering and just trying to learn some basic home electronics repair.

Thanks!

Comment

Thanks for a site suchas this. Working on a Panasonic 40" plasma currently and this site provided a great technical to help me isolate the H board as the culprit, this after assuming it was the power supply. I hope to contribute to help someone else down the road. Charles Shinn, kb4plh@yahoo.com, McIntosh, FL.

Comment

Hi, I am a new member of this forum. Glad I found it

Comment

Excellent source of repair information!

Comment

Hi everybody i am in pc repairs just started moving to console and other repairs i am from south africa i started pc from dos and atari consoles now doing xbox and playstations love this site so far so thanks.

Comment

Hi there - as I type this I am seated at my workstation with an impressive smoke cloud of soldering fumes rising around me while bonded to earth by my ESD wrist-strap.

For once I am actually working on one of my own devices (LCD Monitor) which despite its 2006 vintage age I have brought back to life after it abruptly went kaput last week (instead of admitting that I am tight-fisted I will instead claim that in terms of layout "it really tied the room [workstation] together").

It still has a slight intermittent gremlin (picture compression/distortion as Windows loads log in screen - switch monitor off and on picture then perfect) - but that could be because I am also waiting on the last remaining PSU capacitor to be delivered (mains inlet 120uF 450Volt).

Have found a thread on here with the same monitor will post there Ciao!

Comment

I'm from Maryland and have found much useful information here since I registered.

Thanks,
                                Paul

Comment

Hello my name is Paolo And i am a computer tecnichan.i le ave in italy.

Comment

When I went to college mainframes were the tits of the computer world, now my phone has 4 cores and is probably just as fast as that mainframe was.I've been working on PCs and phones and tvs and other electronic equipment for years now.. I just want to say hi to everyone.

duncanidahoe

Comment

Hi, my name is Dejan, coming from Zagreb, Croatia, and have problem with my laptop

Comment

Hi! My name is Lorenzo, I live in Italy and at the moment I have one broken monitor on my right side and two broken desktops on my left side

Comment

hello

Comment

Working...
                                          X