Faulty Samsung PSU (BN44-00427A) PD46B2_BSM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Faulty Samsung PSU (BN44-00427A) PD46B2_BSM

The original one tested shorted out. Now there is a short on the circuit board when 2 NEW FETs are installed. With only one installed, the circuit is fine.....

Comment

Update: If i instell one FET in one of the places (doesn´t matter wich one) the TV runs fine. As soon as two FETs are installed it´ll will blow the fuse and the short is back.

UPDATE2: Problem found ;-) I made a stupid mistake..... The FETs are not isolated from the heatsink. Something I didn´t think of......

So BIG THAKS to tom66. You saved me a lot of money!!

BTW: The PSU is kind of noisy. Not a big deal..... I think its the big coil in the middle of the board. Do you have a unit to compare? Is this normal?
      Last edited by Mr_K; 10-06-2012, 03:50 AM.

Comment

Never repaired an LED TV - but would like to.
        Will keep an eye out for this model - typical Samsung bad design leading to failed FETs.

Glad you fixed it.
        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Hi, I got a faulty Samsung PSU (BN44-00427A) PD46B2_BSM, when turn on clicking appear but no display, can anybody help?

Comment

I also have a similar issue with my Samsung UN46D7000 with PSU BN44-00427A which I have located the problem on the board itself visually. I am pretty knowledgeable with electronics but have only worked on PC's(troubleshooting, hardware/software issues, PSU's, motherboards, etc) but this is new territory for me with this TV. I simply need advice to be pointed in right direction from here as to what parts I should order to try repairing myself. I specifically need help identifying the burned out parts that I should order.

These pictures identify the burned out transistor on my board and where it's located. I believe the transistor is QQ855 in that block where you notice the copper showing. I have not checked any voltages, currents, etc yet. If there is something you notice from this problem that I should check, I am all ears. Thanks.
            Attached Files

Comment

Can anyone tell me which are the voltages on this power supply? I cannot find any schematics for this model.

My Samsung switches on but no sounds or picture , just the backlight is present. The led standby light flashes 5 times.

Comment

Does anyone have the schematics for this board?

My TV is flickering and I have found a shorted rectifier diode (D9601) and possibly a near shorted resistor (R9601), but I cannot read its intended value.
                The diode and resistor are next to each other on the top left hand corner in the attached photo.

My TV is a Samsung UE46D5767WK

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/attach...5&d=1401408578

Comment

Isn t it possible to get schematics from Samsung newer SMPS?
                  Is there nobody who can look into gspn samsungscportal.com?!
                  I want to know if there are the schematics of BN44-4..
                  BN44-5.. and BN44-6.. SMPS.I can t believe that there are no schematics of the newer SMPS!Who is the supplier of the new SMPS from Samsung?
                  We can carry all these informations together perhaps we can solve the problem!
                  many regards thoma!!

Comment

Guys,

Working on same board BN44-00427A. Found QM803 Fet and FP803S Fuse to bad. Replaced them and now i get voltage but they are fluctuating. Stb goes from 0.6 to 5v on CNM803 connector. Also, big filter cap voltage fluctuates between 380v to 396v.

Any idea what i could check?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Louis82 View Post
                      Guys,

Working on same board BN44-00427A. Found QM803 Fet and FP803S Fuse to bad. Replaced them and now i get voltage but they are fluctuating. Stb goes from 0.6 to 5v on CNM803 connector. Also, big filter cap voltage fluctuates between 380v to 396v.

Any idea what i could check?

Thanks
                      hi there..any update about to fix this?my set flick on off on Samsung Smart TV logo and loop on off again and again..what parts should be replace?

Comment

Originally posted by Milan78 View Post
                        Hi, I got a faulty Samsung PSU (BN44-00427A) PD46B2_BSM, when turn on clicking appear but no display, can anybody help?
                        how to fix it.?anyone...?

Comment

Originally posted by cikgu View Post
                          how to fix it.?anyone...?
                          1) What is your TV model number?
                          2) What Voltage testing have you done on the connector of the power supply board that goes to the main board? You need top provide the pin name and follow by the Voltage reading for each pin so we can see which Voltages, or Control Voltages are stable or not.
                          Never stop learning
                          Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                          http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                          http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                          http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                          http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                          http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

Originally posted by cikgu View Post
                            hi there..any update about to fix this?my set flick on off on Samsung Smart TV logo and loop on off again and again..what parts should be replace?
                            Hello i have the same problem with my tv.

the board is BN44-00427a and the tv is UE40D8000YSXXH

I check the board by eye but i didnt find an issue, now i have to check it with multimeter.

Any ideas hot to start ?

Comment

Checking solder joints is a good place to start, google is your friend for images of bad solder joints.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackadderask View Post
                                Hello i have the same problem with my tv.

the board is BN44-00427a and the tv is UE40D8000YSXXH

I check the board by eye but i didnt find an issue, now i have to check it with multimeter.

Any ideas hot to start ?
                                maybe a software issue
                                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJ8HSLlOwA8

Comment

Thank you very much for the help.

I will try it and i come back to tell you the result

Comment

Hello. This is my first post to de comunity. Grettings.

I have a Samsung UE46D800 with BN44-00427a power supply whit a clicking trouble by a shadow bottom band . ¿Can you help me whith the fault component?
                                    Anoder cuestión, ¿It's BN44-00427b valid to change?

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Milan78 View Post
                                      Hello me too i have some problems but no schema , if u are founded the problem ? Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                      X