Samsung PN58B860 Plasma suddenly shutdown and will not restart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Samsung PN58B860 Plasma suddenly shutdown and will not restart

OK, so it seems to me like the problem is with the left hand board. Do you want to try repairing it, or just replace it?
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Definitely want to repair if possible!

Comment

No fun just replacing a board. Haha

Comment

Can you try reading off the BN44-######A number printed on the board. For example BN44-12345A.
          Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
          For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Vd code bn44-00278a

Comment

Hmm, no schematic. Have to do this the hard way. Can you remove the board and get detailed, clear photos of the top (white side) and bottom (green side) of the board. Be careful to allow the capacitors on it to discharge to a safe level (less than 30V DC.)

Comment

How's this?

The back looks a little blurry, guess I'll try that one again
                Attached Files

Comment

Yeah, I'm going to need a clearer photo, any chance you can take a closer up picture, maybe in multiple photos?

Comment

Would it help if I purchased the service manual? Would it have the schematics you need?

Comment

Here are three more pics of the back
                      Attached Files

Comment

No need to purchase a manual, at least for now.
                        What is the part # on ICP801S, the multi-leaded chip?

Comment

9d1y 2a20112
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Bobby78; 09-02-2014, 03:09 PM.

Comment

Datasheet:

Comment

Check DP803, DP804 for shorts across pins 1-3 to 2 (note pins 1 and 3 joined on PCB so will show as shorted)
                              With board installed in TV, check voltage on JP830, positive on JP830, negative on a PRIMARY_GND pin. Should be near 14.5V.

Comment

Sorry, you may have lost me. I don't see pin 3 connected to anything. I'm also not sure where DP803/4 are...

Comment

Found the DPs!

Comment

Oh, when you mentioned pins I thought you were referencing the IC. I think I've got it now

Comment

Both DPs read 0.4 Ohms across 1/3 to 2

Comment

1 being top pin, 2 being middle, 3 being bottom, you get a short between 1 and 2, 3 and 2?

Comment

Yes

Comment

Working...
                                          X