Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dell 3008WFP Monitor Intermittent Text Shadowing

Hello,

I have a Dell 3008WFP that has an intermittent problem where text appears to have a red and blue shadow on either side. It doesn't happen all the time, probably once a week. I can clear it by turning the monitor off and on. I don't have any images to post, I'm hoping it's a common problem that forum users are familiar with.

Is there a PCB or component I can replace to fix it? Is there an online service manual for this monitor?

Thanks,

Spike3333

Re: Dell 3008WFP Monitor Intermittent Text Shadowing

hi
    first open monitor and check for cold solder and check all electrolyte cap.
    also You can heat the PCB with a hair dryer and see if the heating has an effect.

Comment

Thanks I'll try that. Do you know which PCB controls aligning the colors?

Comment

main board and T-con board(pcb on the display)
        have you try another cable signal?
        please share a picture of problem
        Last edited by boyebaran; 05-27-2021, 08:02 AM.

Comment

The problem just happened again this morning. Here are pictures of the screen with the problem and after I turn it off and then on again.
          Attached Files

Comment

have you try another cable signal?

Did you do all that said?

Comment

Remove LVDS cable between mainboard and Tcon, spray contact cleaner, plug it back in and give it a bit of a wiggle. Should fix your problem.
              Originally posted by PeteS in CA
              Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.
              A working TV? How boring!

Comment

OK thanks. I reassemble the monitor and now it is stuck in burn in mode with the primary colors cycling on the screen.

Comment

There was a sequence to kick it out of that mode, should be in the service manual, it's the same for many Dell monitors.
                  Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.

Comment

Thanks, I tried all the reset sequences recommended by Dell and none of them worked. Someone else said this could also be caused by a bad cable and/or connector at the T-Con. Is there any way to trouble shoot this with out replacing two PCBs (T-Con and Main) and a cable?

Comment

Just replace the cable first, it's the most likely to fail.

Comment

OK, will do. Thanks again

Comment

Also make sure you plug the cable all the way in and that all the pins of the ribbon are visible before plugging it in... Sometimes the ribbon slides out of the end connectors and thus becomes physically unplugged even with the connectors all the way in.

Comment

I reopened the case and removed the T-Con to Main PCB cable. It is definitely the problem. The wire coating is turning to powder and coming off allowing adjacent wires to short. Is there any way to get a replacement?
                            Attached Files

Comment

Ouch. Looks like the cable equivalent of the infamous brown glue. Check ebay. If you can't find it there, I'm sad to announce you're gonna have to stitch it together yourself. Not the hardest thing to do but definitely tedious and time-consuming. Will probably lead to a few new grey hairs.

Comment

Working...
                              X