Panasonic Viera TX-P42S21B - 7 Red Flashes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Panasonic Viera TX-P42S21B - 7 Red Flashes

Do you mean this one? I tried that. Just an FYI I've touched the power supply, replacement buffer board, and now the two ribbons on the bottom buffer board. Nothing else.

Thanks.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Paft; 10-29-2020, 04:19 PM.

Comment

Yes, that cable is hard to seat properly and can cause this or other similar problems with vertical bars, the panel connector is also hard to get it right.

Comment

All these white ribbon cables are still stuck down with adhesive. I'd be surprised if they need reseating. I will try definitely try again in the morning though.

Thanks.

Comment

Well, since I'm a TV noob this looks like a lost cause. I'll try the second SM buffer board when that arrives for the hell of it.

I've only spent £23.37 in total-- which I could return or sell marked-up. Plus, I learned a little.

In the very unlikely event that board solves it or I figure it out I'll update the thread.

Thank you for the help everyone.
          Last edited by Paft; 10-30-2020, 08:33 AM.

Comment

Never seen a panasonic plasma with a failed vertical adress driver, pretty sure it's either the cable from mainboard to C, panel to C, or some oxidation on C-board, SM boards control only horizontal lines.

Comment

I forget to mention I showed the photo of the problem to the SM board seller and briefly mentioned the history last night. Asking their thoughts and if they could hold the shipping if this part will not fix the issue (which it won't.)

It got this response

"Hi,
              It looks like the screen is completely gone im afraid.
              Regards"

Of course they dispatched it anyway.

Once that arrives I'll remove everything to see if I can see anything obvious.

Comment

Before you give up on it, try and replace the C1 buffer board. A bad panel will show lines dancing around in that section and bad static shit. I don't think that is your case. I found one on Ebay for 10 dollars.
                Attached Files

Comment

Thanks. Yeah, just had a quick look and I see one for £5.49 with identical part numbers but its for a TX-P42U20B. That's one thing I'm still unsure about. Is a part a part or not? I'm guessing not because the SM buffer board I tried also came from a differnt model. A TX-P42S20BA and was slightly different to my TX-P42U21B when paying closer attention but the part numbers seems to be identical (both sticker and board print--excluding the numbers under the barcode). Does it have to come from the exact TV?

Your link doesn't mention what TV it comes from. Not that i'm buying it from the states anyway.

TX-P42S21B seems to be rarer part wise for some reason.
                  Last edited by Paft; 10-30-2020, 05:49 PM.

Comment

Always go by the white sticker. These boards fit several models of this 42 inch tv. Most times the board printed part number including the revision (AC in your case) is on the sticker. At least that's how the sets in the US are.

Comment

I assumed that was the case. Just odd that the component arrangement is a little different on the SM board I received despite all the numbers matching (excluding whatever those [stock amount related?] mean under the barcodes.)

eBay img - Sticker example:

Many of the sellers often say things like "This board is compatible with all the models mentioned in the title" but they of course only list the model it came out of.

Given the price, it's worth a shot. I'll go ahead and order it.
                      Last edited by Paft; 10-30-2020, 08:24 PM.

Comment

Update: If you give a toss--the crunt sold me this worse for wear board.

I haven't even tried to repair/fit it as I'm worried it might short something else, if that is even possible? Cleaned it quickly with IPA/toothbrush but it looks too far gone.

I'm messaged the seller. Just waiting for their response before filing a dispute/refund and ordering another.

It wasn't even the one pictured on the eBay listing as the numbers under the barcode are different. It might even be the reason the TV was stripped for parts. It was packaged well enough. Just my luck.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Paft; 11-11-2020, 01:51 PM.

Comment

If you didn't have bad luck you'd have no luck at all !
                          Definitely send that piece of crap back and try again.

Comment

I was refunded for the piece of crap. Didn't need to return.

Ordered another (it came with both buffer boards- only tested C1.) which arrived today, but it still has the same issue. Mainboard maybe? I'll strip the parts out for a closer look.

Some images attached. (Ignore the faded look the the 'Input Selection' Window. The photo was taken just as the box was about to disappear.)
                            Attached Files

Comment

I noticed that in Kodi the picture is sort of offset, I also think something caused the black bar to increase in size. Back to the normal size again now. whether that sheds some light on the issue?
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by Paft; 11-29-2020, 09:56 AM. Reason: Attatched image

Comment

If that black bar is on multiple inputs and the menu, it is caused by poor connections, these ribbon cables from main to C-boards are hard to sit in properly, you have to reseat both ends.

If the TV was cropping the image like a overscan, could be the input device or menu settings.

Comment

I didn't ignore the first time you mentioned that. Thing is, I've never touched any of those white main ribbon cable(s) until after discovering this new issue. They are still stick down with double-sided tape. I have of course reseated them several times.

I have still yet to remove the main board and take a closer look at it from the back. And fully inspect that main white ribbon.

I only have small amounts of time to look at it, but I will report back when I have.

Thank you.

Comment

Well, I'm still in the same situation. Inspected practically everything. Nothing glaringly obvious.

(@Biruslapio And yes, since I factory reset it overscan was on)

Is there not a service manual somewhere? I assume this is a panel fault. New TV time I guess. Any places for TV suggestions? 42"+ £500 budget.

Comment

Working...
                                    X