Dell e173FPf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dell e173FPf

This is a Monitor that only has one board.

Comment

Originally posted by budm View Post
      Any pictures of the main/logic board?
      Board Part # 790271200800
      Attached Files

Comment

Can anybody tell me what values I should have on L856 (labeled on top of the component CHK-053) and L855(labeled on top of the component CHK-057). I was looking at the back of the board and it seems that L856 was replaced. And L855 looks worn out (darker at the top), I don't know if it is because it is very close to cap C871, and the heat generated by the cap make it look like it is now. Please advice!!
        Last edited by mgabriel74; 03-06-2013, 06:34 AM.

Comment

Both should read less tha 1Ω.and both look ok on close up.Your fault is located on the part of the board to the right of the Big blue cap,as I have said you can spend lots of time and you will probably still end up with a un-repairable board.

Comment

Originally posted by Rtech View Post
            Both should read less tha 1Ω.and both look ok on close up.Your fault is located on the part of the board to the right of the Big blue cap,as I have said you can spend lots of time and you will probably still end up with a un-repairable board.
            Well, THANKS once again for all your help!. I guess I will start looking for a replacement. Any lead to where I could find a replacement board at reasonable price??

Comment

Ebay perhaps,or as this is one of the older Dell models,one that may have a broken screen, but works otherwise..Craigs List also an option.

Comment

I don't know what the local pricing is in Florida, but buying an used working 17 inch LCD monitor is $10 or less. Sometimes even free if you ask for one.

I doubt you will find a replacement board + shipping for under $10 on ebay.
                --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Originally posted by Rtech View Post
                  Rtech,

This will be my very last try, I just measured L855 and L856, and based on your response they should be reading NMT 1Ω. Well, here are the readings:

Without Power:
                  L855 = 1.8Ω
                  L856 = 2.0Ω

With Power:
                  L855 = 19.0Ω
                  L856 = 4.9Ω

I'm asking because, L855 looks worn out, and L856 seems that was previously replaced. Again, if obtained values are considered acceptable/normal, I'll drop the ball once and for all, otherwise, I might have a chance...

Comment

Originally posted by retiredcaps View Post
                    I don't know what the local pricing is in Florida, but buying an used working 17 inch LCD monitor is $10 or less. Sometimes even free if you ask for one.

I doubt you will find a replacement board + shipping for under $10 on ebay.

retiredcaps,

PLEASE tell me WHERE you found them for $10 or below!!!! LOL; I have found some of similar models at craiglist or ebay, but above $50. Anyway, thanks for try to help me on this one!

Comment

Originally posted by mgabriel74 View Post
                      With Power:
                      L855 = 19.0Ω
                      L856 = 4.9Ω
                      Never measure resistance with power on.

Inductors rarely fail. If your reading is not below 1 ohm, it might be because your test leads have high internal resistance. Most of my test leads are 0.2 ohms or less when they are shorted. Cheaper or bad leads can be 1.0 ohms when shorted.
                      Last edited by retiredcaps; 03-08-2013, 05:13 PM.
                      --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

retiredcaps,

PLEASE tell me WHERE you found them for $10 or below!!!
                        Where I live, there are lots. So much that I gave up even trying to repair 17 inch monitors because the cost of new quality caps + shipping often exceeds $10.
                        --- begin sig file ---

--- end sig file ---

Comment

retiredcaps,

PLEASE tell me WHERE you found them for $10 or below!!!! LOL; I have found some of similar models at craiglist or ebay, but above $50. Anyway, thanks for try to help me on this one!
                          Check out your local electronics recycling company. The one I volunteer for is nonprofit and we sell them cheap ($10 to $15) like retiredcaps mentioned. Or even give them away to low income families and kids. You can usually get a 17" for $25 or less off Craigslist. Just a couple suggestions. Good luck

Comment

watch post #11 in this:
                            https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...t=Dell+E173FPf

Comment

Hello mgabriel74,

I have one of these boards that I would sell you for $15 and the cost of whatever carrier would ship it the cheapest. Its been re-capped and cleaned to remove any flux residue. If you want it I'll ship it in a anti-static bag. If interested, pm me.

Take Care,
                              lcdman

Comment

Working...
                              X