X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gateway FPD1530 works for a second then dark

Originally posted by retiredcaps View Post
    A clear focused picture ALWAYS helps.
    I meant I don't see any markings on those caps on my monitor board.

Comment

There has to be markings on the caps it usually goes capacitance then working voltage.

Like 1000uf 25V.

Unless the caps are surface mount then they usually use a coding system printed on the top of the can.

Or they're a Nichicon HD copycat with no plastic sleeve in which case the info will also be printed on the top of the can.
      Elements of the past and the future combining to make something not quite as good as either.

Comment

Know it's been a few months since this was replied to, but for my 1530, the answer was to replace C106 and C107. They are rated at 1uf and 50v. Replaced mine with 22uf and 50v and things seem to be doing okay so far.

Comment

I have this monitor and it has the same on for 2 seconds then off,i use to have this monitor in a cold shop when it first started behaving this problem it would only do it while it was cold not when warm then it did it all the time, so i tried a hair dryer to warm it up and it worked. it would stay on indefinitely,if i shut it off it will still come back on,unless it cooled down,i would like to fix this thing any idea's why the heat would make it work and then stay on?

Comment

Usually caps are the problem...as the ESR reduces to a working level when there is some warmth around,and the unit will start. Problem probably on the Power board,change the caps and see if that sorts it.

Comment

Working...
            X