Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BenQ G2420HD white screen

Originally posted by Grundell View Post
    I don't have a magnifying glass, I can't make out a letter on the fuse. I will try to get better pictures for you. Is there any other way to work out what fuse it is from schematics etc. My main concern however is that the new fuse will blow straight away. Should I bridge the fuse to test if it works, or should I do voltage checks on the TCON before I replace the fuse?
    It's possible that the fuse marking may be on the other side, you'd have to desolder it and have a look. I wouldn't try bridging it, I'd try maybe a 3A or 4A fuse first.
    36 Monitors, 3 TVs, 4 Laptops, 1 motherboard, 1 Printer, 1 iMac, 2 hard drive docks and one IP Phone repaired so far....

Comment

OK so I tested Voltage on the supply side of the fuse and i got 5.132V. As i said before the fuse is busted so the Voltage on the opposite side of the fuse is 0V. So I bridged the fuse to test it and the screen turns off. Voltage at the supply side of the fuse goes to 0V, where should I go from here?

Comment

OK so I tested Voltage on the supply side of the fuse and i got 5.132V. As i said before the fuse is busted so the Voltage on the opposite side of the fuse is 0V. So I bridged the fuse to test it and the screen turns off. Voltage at the supply side of the fuse goes to 0V, where should I go from here?
        Time to check your shorts.

Could be fun trying to find it. Seems to me a couple of people in the past had shorted DMS caps on a Tcon.
        36 Monitors, 3 TVs, 4 Laptops, 1 motherboard, 1 Printer, 1 iMac, 2 hard drive docks and one IP Phone repaired so far....

Comment

DMS caps? sry I'm not down with the lingo. Could you give me more description as to where to test for shorted caps first?

Comment

DMS caps? sry I'm not down with the lingo. Could you give me more description as to where to test for shorted caps first?
            Oops sorry, typo or brain malfunction. I meant SMD (surface mount)

Comment

I would check all of the caps close to the 5v line where the fuse is c2 c3 c7 are all in the neighborhood, also check U1, for shorts (maybe look up the part number and get the pinout) is it a 3.3v regulator perhaps?
              Last edited by smason; 05-28-2013, 08:40 AM.

Comment

Well it appears that bridging the fuse was a bad idea because I've just let the smoke out of another component. I would theorise that it is the component that was causing the fuse to short is now also burnt out.

Comment

Well it appears that bridging the fuse was a bad idea because I've just let the smoke out of another component. I would theorise that it is the component that was causing the fuse to short is now also burnt out.
                  Could be. Can you tell which component it was?

Comment

Working...
                  X