Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DELL 5480 Intel me

Hello,
    i have an intel me problem on a 5480 bios.

I followed the instructions one by one by SMDflea on his post about fixing intel me but i am getting this error (see picture).

I am uploading the bios dump if anyone can try to fix but i would love to do it my self if anyone can help with what i did wrong there.

1)Used Me analyzer v1.96 and find my bios has CSME 11.8.50.3426.
    2)Downloaded from the site SMDflea gave on instructions.
    3)Replaced ME Region with the old one.

Thanks in advance!
    Attached Files

Re: DELL 5480 Intel me

Originally posted by Christakos19 View Post
    Hello,
    i have an intel me problem on a 5480 bios.
    What problem exactly? Explain what you're trying to achieve?
    The file you've uploaded - is it your factory dump?
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
    Become a Badcaps supporter
    >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
    Thanks to all supporters.​
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Doctrina est fructus dulcis, radicis amarae.

Comment

Originally posted by Vesko356 View Post
      What problem exactly? Explain what you're trying to achieve?
      The file you've uploaded - is it your factory dump?
      I am having intel me pop up on boot and tried to clear it but failed as you can see in the foto!

Yes the bios i have uploaded is the factory one.

Comment

>
        Attached Files

Comment

>
          Did you clean my bios or you posted another one already cleaned?
          I am asking cuz i want to understand what i did wrong so i dont make new posts with intel me and fixing them my self!

I used Me analyzer v1.96 and find my bios has CSME 11.8.50.3426.
          You posted with v11.8.82.3838 Clean ME.
          Was that the error i had?

Comment

Did you clean my bios
            Yes of course, that's why I asked if it's your factory dump

I am asking cuz i want to understand what i did wrong so i dont make new posts with intel me and fixing them my self!
            I don't know what you did wrong and I don't have time to investigate why you have a problems with the Flash Image Tool - I didn't have any.

I used Me analyzer v1.96 and find my bios has CSME 11.8.50.3426.
            You posted with v11.8.82.3838 Clean ME.
            You should update your Me analyzer tool, 1.96 is old version.
            Your bios is 1.19.2, and this version uses 11.8.82.3838 of ME, ME version in the dump you've uploaded is indeed 11.8.50.3426, which means that someone somehow made a mistake when the BIOS was been updated to this version, or something else went wrong.
            Was that the error i had?
            No.
            Last edited by Vesko356; 05-24-2022, 01:04 AM.

Comment

For some reason i am getting this error message when trying to program it with both your bios or the original one.....

I didnt change any config on the MiniPro i am using.
              Used this configuration when read it to uploaded here...!

Any help?
              Attached Files

Comment

For some reason i am getting this error message when trying to program it with both your bios or the original one.....

Any help?
                Try with new SPI CHIP

Thanks to all supporters.
                ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

Any help?
                  That error is sometimes caused by the chip not lining up properly with the adapter pins.One of the adapters i have for my TL866CS is worn out,it has to be pulled up slightly at both sides with one hand,while reading and writing to the chip.I should buy a new adapter but i`m too cheap
                  All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Select the chip manually according to the markings of the chip.
                    Clean the chip with alcohol to ensure good contact between the programmer and the chip.
                    Before reprogramming, the contents of the chip must be erased.
                    Edit: Before reprogramming, make sure you have saved the (verified) factory dump in a safe location.
                    Take two or even three readings of the chip and compare the content.
                    Last edited by Vesko356; 05-24-2022, 02:31 AM.

Comment

Select the chip manually according to the markings of the chip.
                      Clean the chip with alcohol to ensure good contact between the programmer and the chip.
                      Before reprogramming, the contents of the chip must be erased.
                      Y did all that and programmed completed.

The problem is that i am getting the following error:
                      Error sending end of post message to ME:HECI disabled, procceding with boot!

Comment

Y did all that and programmed completed.

The problem is that i am getting the following error:
                        Error sending end of post message to ME:HECI disabled, procceding with boot!
                        Your original post has the text "EhcbEnable" in the text in your picture, i found a few posts at win-raid, its related to an AMT setting.Merging your bios region with an ME region from a working dump and cleaning it again (even if its already clean) should be enough to clear that message
                        All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
                          Your original post has the text "EhcbEnable" in the text in your picture, i found a few posts at win-raid, its related to an AMT setting.Merging your bios region with an ME region from a working dump and cleaning it again (even if its already clean) should be enough to clear that message
                          Hmmm can you help with that because i dont have a working dump and i dont know how to merge things!
                          Or if you have a working dump post it and send some instructions on merging things!!

Comment

Try (at first boot you'll have to program the Service Tag, yours is *******):
                            Edit: Btw does this STag match the label in your bottom cover?
                            Last edited by Vesko356; 05-24-2022, 04:54 AM. Reason: Attachment removed to avoid use for STag altering.

Comment

Try (at first boot you'll have to program the Service Tag, yours is ******):
                              Edit: Btw does this STag match the label in your bottom cover?
                              Y this is the Stag of the laptop.
                              Will solder it now and get back to you!
                              Last edited by Christakos19; 05-24-2022, 04:23 AM.

Comment

Worked like a charm!

Ty very much all of you!

Comment

Comment

• Vesko356
                                    Vesko356 commented
                                    Editing a comment
                                    Thread merged.
                                    Please use the forum search to find related threads where you can post your request. You're NOT allowed to start a new thread if there's an existing one!!!

RULES UPDATE for BIOS requests/offers *AVOID BANNING, READ BEFORE POSTING*
                                    https://www.badcaps.net/forum/troubl...before-posting
                                Working...
                                X