Lenovo X1 Carbon 4th Gen Schematic Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lenovo X1 Carbon 4th Gen Schematic Needed

I've a dead Lenovo X1 Carbon 4th Gen (20FB-004JUS) and I'd like to understand why and how it died and if repair is possible.
    Schematic would be super helpful.

Re: Lenovo X1 Carbon 4th Gen Schematic Needed

Any chance this is called X1 YOGA 4th gen ?

Comment

No, the x1 yoga series allows for a full 355 degree screen turn the x1 carbon only allows 185 degree hinging to my knowledge.

The model I'm looking for is specifically the X1 Carbon (4th Gen). 20FB-004JUS
      It is possible they share a board, but I've not got one on hand to reference.

Comment

I have the same model.
        Check this Boardview Request: Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Yoga Gen 1

Wistron LRV1 Raven
        PCB : 14282-3

Comment

PSA. Just fixed a X1 4th gen today not powering on after liquid damage and the cause was somewhat easy to miss. The board itself appeared to be in mint condition as it's for the most part covered with a plastic sheet.

Got 3 flashes on the power button when adapter is connected, which is normal. Checked pin 3 of BUT1 (PWRSWITCH) and this was low at .4V instead of 3.3V (should be pulled up by D6701 and R6715). This line heads off to the EC via a diode, but also connects to PLD1 (which I think is for the docking port). This had some liquid damage inside of it. I attempted to clean this manually with a toothbrush etc which initially got the voltage up to 3.3V and the laptop booted. But when reinstalled, fault reoccurred. Ended up dipping that end of the board in the ultrasonic, rinse etc and now working fine.

I'm assuming that there was corrosion between the PCB and the connector pins that wasn't visible. So maybe this helps someone.

Comment

Working...
          X