Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lenovo Thinkpad E15 gen2 GE4B0/GE5B0 NM-D011 rev 1.0 schematic.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lenovo Thinkpad E15 gen2 GE4B0/GE5B0 NM-D011 rev 1.0 schematic.

Hi guys, today i've got this beauty. Bud i'm gonna need schematic, because i can't identify this at all.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by SMDFlea; 05-31-2022, 03:59 AM. Reason: Added "GE4B0/GE5B0 NM-D011 rev 1.0"

Re: Lenovo Thinkpad E15 gen2 schematic.

Originally posted by cha0swaver133 View Post
    Hi guys, today i've got this beauty. Bud i'm gonna need schematic, because i can't identify this at all.
    Post the motherboard part/model number

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=88758
    1.1.3 Motherboard model number
    All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

GE4B0/GE5B0 NM-D011 rev 1.0

Comment

nvm, just figured that type somewhat under microscope. It's LV5116AGQW

Mod can lock this thread, solved. Thanks anyway.

Comment

nvm, just figured that type somewhat under microscope. It's LV5116AGQW

Mod can lock this thread, solved. Thanks anyway.
          Thanks,the info that PU4 is a LV5116AGQW . The thread will stay open,someone will post the schematic if and when it becomes available
          All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Re: Lenovo Thinkpad E15 gen2 GE4B0/GE5B0 NM-D011 rev 1.0 schematic.

hi guys, today i've got this beauty. Bud i'm gonna need schematic, because i can't identify this at all.
            lv5116a

Comment

Can somebody perhaps provide a schematic for this motherboard? I am working on a repair but sadly could not find the schematic for download. The CPU supply DCDC converters seem to be shorted on my board but without a schematic it's a guessing game what exactly is causing this.

Comment

I don't have it. But I have the sister to this design. Motherboard looks exact the same too in pics. if it helps at least.
                Attached Files

Comment

Unfortunatly I have only a schematic
                  Attached Files

Comment

thanks for share

Comment

This might be boardview
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Lisa Su View Post
                        This might be boardview
                        what application do you use to open the FZ file, it does not open with boardviewer or flexbv. thank.

Comment

Originally posted by rui4892 View Post
                          what application do you use to open the FZ file, it does not open with boardviewer or flexbv. thank.
                          Oh sorry, just rename it to GE4B0.fz

Comment

Oh sorry, just rename it to GE4B0.fz
                            Sorry again, it didn't work to rename the file Ge4B0.RAR to Ge4B0.FZ... can you please confirm the file on your side or upload it again, thanks again.

Comment

thank you Lisa Su, i can open the file with TeboView...

Comment

Originally posted by rui4892 View Post
                                Sorry again, it didn't work to rename the file Ge4B0.RAR to Ge4B0.FZ... can you please confirm the file on your side or upload it again, thanks again.
                                Sorry, again. I meant to write "just rename it to GE4B0.tvw" in my previous post.

UnRAR GE4B0.rar > GE4B0.fz > GE4B0.tvw

thank you Lisa Su, i can open the file with TeboView...
                                Once renamed, you can also open it with BoardViewer 2.0.1.9

Comment

Sorry, again. I meant to write "just rename it to GE4B0.tvw" in my previous post.

UnRAR GE4B0.rar > GE4B0.fz > GE4B0.tvw

Once renamed, you can also open it with BoardViewer 2.0.1.9
                                  thank you

Comment

Hey so, I'm pretty new to this so forgive my ignorance here. I got the file opened in that BoardViewer software mentioned by Lisa Su and it is really cool!

I was just wondering if there was a way to view the component values, and/or if the part info was to be trusted. I was randomly looking at some of the resistors and their info said something like, "1/16W_0_5%_0402". Does this just mean the particular resistor I'm looking at is 0 ohms, or is this some kind of error?

Any input would be appreciated! I'm trying to undo some damage caused by a repair shop and I will probably need to replace some 0402 passives that are mysteriously absent...

Comment

Originally posted by SpaghettiEnterprises View Post
                                      Hey so, I'm pretty new to this so forgive my ignorance here. I got the file opened in that BoardViewer software mentioned by Lisa Su and it is really cool!

I was just wondering if there was a way to view the component values, and/or if the part info was to be trusted. I was randomly looking at some of the resistors and their info said something like, "1/16W_0_5%_0402". Does this just mean the particular resistor I'm looking at is 0 ohms, or is this some kind of error?

Any input would be appreciated! I'm trying to undo some damage caused by a repair shop and I will probably need to replace some 0402 passives that are mysteriously absent...
                                      yes,one sixteenth of a watt , 0 ohms 5% tolerance , 0402 size.

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
                                        yes,one sixteenth of a watt , 0 ohms 5% tolerance , 0402 size.

Awesome thanks! Does anyone know the minimum hardware I need to connect(fan, keyboard, etc) in order to see if it is receiving power via the USB C input?

Right now my plan is to replace the port and all the 0201 components near it because I suspect the previous repair attempt may have dislodged some, as there seem to be quite a few missing components. From there I can start troubleshooting component failures deeper in.

Actually, is it typical for boards to have a few unpopulated components? Does this sound like a dumb approach?

Comment

Working...
                                        X