Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lenovo LEGION Y530-15ICH (NM-B701) need EC and BIOS files

Hello,

I am looking for the files for the EC IT8226E-128 BXA chip and for the MX25L12873F chip for the Lenovo LEGION Y530-15ICH laptop pc.

Motherboard reference: EY515/EY517/EY519/EY520 NM-B701 Rev 1.0

Thanks in advance

Re: Lenovo LEGION Y530-15ICH (NM-B701) need EC and BIOS files

Originally posted by aasaw View Post
    Hello,

I am looking for the files for the EC IT8226E-128 BXA chip and for the MX25L12873F chip for the Lenovo LEGION Y530-15ICH laptop pc.

Motherboard reference: EY515/EY517/EY519/EY520 NM-B701 Rev 1.0

Thanks in advance
    Before writing, don't forget to copy the original bios of the laptop ... if it doesn't work, post both copies of the bios.

https://www.alisaler.com/lenovo-legi...-nm-b701-bios/
    Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

Hello,

Thanks but there is no file for the EC chip.

Comment

The EC dump is in the bios, open bios in hex editor 00600080

Comment

ec bios
          Attached Files

Comment

Thank you very much !

Comment

Lenovo Legion Y530 bios

hi friends
              can any one help my to make clear me file from this file because it is not original file (another one change it) and display come after 25sec
              i was extract file from lenovo web site but don't solve problem

i tried another file from this forum with no Success
              https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...ght=y530-15ich
              i tried to make clear me by use this file form lenovo web site with no Success

help please
              thanks for all
              Attached Files

Comment

Re: Lenovo Legion Y530 bios

Originally posted by menshawy View Post
                hi friends
                can any one help my to make clear me file from this file because it is not original file (another one change it) and display come after 25sec
                i was extract file from lenovo web site but don't solve problem

i tried another file from this forum with no Success
                https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...ght=y530-15ich
                i tried to make clear me by use this file form lenovo web site with no Success

help please
                thanks for all
                post the full name and model of the laptop and the motherboard model.
                Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

Comment

Originally posted by peste View Post
                  post the full name and model of the laptop and the motherboard model.
                  sorry man
                  Lenovo Legion Y530-15ICH
                  Model Name :81FV
                  MB : EY515/EY517/EY519/EY520 NM-B701 REV:1.0
                  THANKS

Comment

Originally posted by menshawy View Post
                    sorry man
                    Lenovo Legion Y530-15ICH
                    Model Name :81FV
                    MB : EY515/EY517/EY519/EY520 NM-B701 REV:1.0
                    THANKS
                    bios extracted from the Lenovo site update
                    DMI 622000 - 623FFF
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by SMDFlea; 05-16-2022, 10:20 PM. Reason: 622000 - 623FFF

Comment

DMI A78000 - A7818F
                      thanks my friend i will test

Comment

DMI A78000 - A7818F

Tested , perfect.

Comment

Machine came in today which works fine on battery, but screen shuts off as soon as power is plugged in.

Weird thing is that it will charge the battery just fine. All the power supplies etc remain on, although I lose CPU Vcore. What's really odd is that when on adaptor only, everything comes up except Vcore, but the GPU is powered. All FET's in the charger section etc all ok.

Sounds like screwy Power Management in the BIOS maybe. Maybe needs a clean ME/PMC perhaps? I haven't done one with PMC before if someone can help me out.
                          Attached Files

Comment

clean ME and PMC
                            Attached Files

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
                            Become a Badcaps supporter
                            >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
                            Thanks to all supporters.
                            ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

Originally posted by reformatt View Post
                              Sounds like screwy Power Management in the BIOS maybe. Maybe needs a clean ME/PMC perhaps? I haven't done one with PMC before if someone can help me out.
                              Open your bios backup with a hex editor and search for the word BVDT ,you`ll see your bios version 8JCN56WW ,the bios at post #10 is a virgin bios extracted from the lenovo updater, also 8JCN56WW. Use that bios, you can copy your DMI using the off-sets 622000 - 623FFF (the text starts with LENV its crypted) ,copy it from your backup to the virgin bios using the same off-sets
                              All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

I did try the BIOS from post 10. It initially did appear to work when I tested with the heatsink off and I plugged it in (fans were running flat out so didn't want to leave it too long at that point). Back to the same fault when I've put the heatsink back on.

It's a really flimsy lappie, I'm thinking there must be a loose component or bad joint. What is confusing me is why all CPU rails work fine on battery, but with battery only VCCIO is working. The other CPU supplies are all 0V.
                                Last edited by reformatt; 05-17-2022, 02:06 AM.

Comment

I tried post 10 BIOS, with appropriate editing. Serial number all correct etc, however fault remains. I noticed that when I open the lid the whole centre of the laptop bends in the middle. So I'm fairly convinced it's some weird fault in the board caused from flexion.

Wont spend too much more time on it I think before quoting on a motherboard (which will be expensive me thinks).

Comment

Confirmed its a flexion problem. Put bare board on the bench, no CMOS or regular battery. Soon as power is applied it goes through normal CMOS reset procedure and I get normal Vcore voltages around CPU. I went over the board looking for any loose components and couldn't find any. I tried pressing in various areas to see if I could invoke the fault. I put the heatsink back on gingerly and it's still working (currently). Can't claim this as fixed though, it'll bounce soon enough. Shit design.

Comment

Originally posted by reformatt View Post
                                      Confirmed its a flexion problem. Put bare board on the bench, no CMOS or regular battery. Soon as power is applied it goes through normal CMOS reset procedure and I get normal Vcore voltages around CPU. I went over the board looking for any loose components and couldn't find any. I tried pressing in various areas to see if I could invoke the fault. I put the heatsink back on gingerly and it's still working (currently). Can't claim this as fixed though, it'll bounce soon enough. Shit design.
                                      That's one of the downsides of thin models, I don't like them at all.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                      All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
                                      Become a Badcaps supporter
                                      >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
                                      Thanks to all supporters.
                                      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

Lenovo Legion Y530 NM-B701 - bios clean region ME request

Model: Lenovo Legion Y530 - type 81fv
                                        Motherboard: NM-B701
                                        CPU: i5-8300H

It works, but it takes some time to boot Windows, I think the problem might be in bios, would somebody clean region ME from it?
                                        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                        X