How to remove this ribbon cable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to remove this ribbon cable?

I am trying to take out a PCB from a receiver (Onkyo tx-sr606) to replace a defective capacitor. But I need to remove a ribbon cable which is connected to it. I do not have experience in such connector. That connector should not be the "pressing down and pull out the cable". I am not sure how to remove it and I do not want to damage it. Therefore, I would be glad if someone can tell me the correct way to remove the ribbon cable from the connector.

Attached Files
    Last edited by tmho; 03-30-2018, 12:50 AM.

Re: How to remove this ribbon cable?

press the top down and pull the wire out while doing it.

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
      press the top down and pull the wire out while doing it.
      I followed your method and successfully removed the cable from the connector. Thank you very much.

Comment

Originally posted by tmho View Post
        I followed your method and successfully removed the cable from the connector. Thank you very much.
        When you go to reintroduce the cable to the connector, make sure the "wires" are straight and in-line (and don't get bent before or WHILE inserting)

Comment

I always make sure there's no latch that has to be released to get the wires in.

Comment

Originally posted by redwire View Post
            I always make sure there's no latch that has to be released to get the wires in.
            Usually, any latching (clamping) mechanism was discovered when you removed the cable in the first place.

Though, often, folks fail the "common sense" test ("If I had to do something to remove the cable, shouldn't I also have to do something to reinsert it?")

Comment

Working...
            X