Capacitor Fumigation Warning!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Capacitor Fumigation Warning!

We have all heard about the bird flu spreading around Asia.
    I happened to come across a fumigation warning for electrolytic capacitors on www.cornell-dubilier.com/warning.htm

Let's hope we don't have any computer equipment with bad capacitors caused by exposure to fumigants!
    My first choice in quality Japanese electrolytics is Nippon Chemi-Con, which has been in business since 1931... the quality of electronics is dependent on the quality of the electrolytics.

Re: Capacitor Fumigation Warning!

I'm not sure it's ok to cut the cheese near your computer.
    The methain gas goes directly into the fan and melts the caps, at least mine do.
    Jim

Comment

Re: Capacitor Fumigation Warning!

Aussie, Kiwi, and Brit friends may be more familiar with the term, "brek wind."

Most apps materials have warnings about certain types of solvents and chemicals. The link above is probably pointing out an out-of-the-ordinary source of such chemicals.
      PeteS in CA

Power Supplies should be boring: No loud noises, no bright flashes, and no bad smells.
      To kill personal responsibility, initiative or success, punish it by taxing it. To encourage irresponsibility, improvidence, dependence and failure, reward it by subsidizing it.

Comment

Working...
      X