Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AOC Q3279VWF, no power

Hello,

I have this monitor that doesn't power up. I hear a tiny clicking sound which indicates a short. I run a quick visual test and found on the mainboard right before the VGA and HDMI outputs these burnt components as attached in the pictures.
    What could cause such a thing and should I go for a repair?
    Attached Files

Re: AOC Q3279VWF, no power

This could happen if the hdmi cable was connected "hot" or due to lightning.

Comment

Originally posted by lotas View Post
      This could happen if the hdmi cable was connected "hot" or due to lightning.
      Maybe lightning more possible since both VGA and HDMI have burnt components right before output?
      If I desolder these should I expect to power up or maybe the monitor is completely damaged?
      The power board seems intact all fuses are good

Comment

Originally posted by Sraros View Post
        Maybe lightning more possible since both VGA and HDMI have burnt components right before output?
        If I desolder these should I expect to power up or maybe the monitor is completely damaged?
        The power board seems intact all fuses are good
        In such cases, the scaler (microcontroller) usually burns out.

Comment

The parts on the hdmi line are for protection on the data lines, they can be removed for testing, the data lines should be straight through under the udfn-10 (DFN2510-10)esd protector. Like mentioned above, there is likely a lot more that is bad.
          If you do have it working a possible replacement part would be a PESD1LVDS by Nexperia
          Last edited by R_J; 01-25-2021, 05:20 PM.

Comment

Hello, returning on this thread.
            I finally received a replacement mainboard.
            The monitor now opens, meaning there’s standby voltage.
            Also if i hit the power button it turns on but there’s nothing on the screen. With flashlight test there’s nothing showing.
            When I connect the HDMI cable it also opens automatically but there’s no sound from windows (like there’s a new device connected)
            The backlights work for sure.
            Does this mean I also need an inverter board?

Comment

Attached a photo of the T-con.
              The fuse F301 is ok but the little smd zener diode Z301 is shorted.
              I went through the inverter boards and the rest of T-CON and didnt find any other short.
              Attached Files

Comment

Z301 is not a zener diode, it is a pass-through, interference suppression capacitor, there should be no short circuit between 1.2 and 4 pin.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by lotas View Post
                  Z301 is not a zener diode, it is a pass-through, interference suppression capacitor, there should be no short circuit between 1.2 and 4 pin.
                  Ok.
                  1-2 shorted
                  3-4 shorted
                  Not between them though

Comment

The last test I did was to remove the ribbon cables one by one to the inverter boards. When I removed the left ribbon nothing changed. When I removed the right ribbon there was white on the right when the logo of AOC should flash on screen.

Comment

Coming back quite some time later on this. So I picked up from where I left this monitor.
                      I cleaned the ribbon cables from the T-con to the panel boards and I have image now but is way off! The logo is displayed like in photo attached, split. The image is terrible and flickering noise sound from the boards. Any suggestions?
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Sraros; 02-20-2022, 12:05 PM.

Comment

VIN: 12.75V
                        VGH: 29.7V
                        VGL: -7.3V
                        VCOM: 6.3V
                        VDD: going up to 3.25V then dropping to 0 on and on.
                        Voltages remain the same with or without the ribbon cables connected

Is it safe assumption it is the T-con board at fault if the VDD comes and goes with and without the ribbon cables connected on the panel boards?
                        Last edited by Sraros; 02-20-2022, 07:30 PM.

Comment

I changed the T-con board with another good working one from a same monitor with broken panel but nothing. Same results

Comment

Working...
                          X