Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sony kd 43w8307c stuck in screen test mode.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sony kd 43w8307c stuck in screen test mode.

Hi guys,
    I got this tv without the original remote.
    I have the tried to hold power button on set for 30s to no avail.
    Vol down with power also.
    Have tried to update the software.Usb blinks for a few seconds then stops.
    Tv stays off until power is pressed.
    No change.
    Any help possible.?

Re: Sony kd 43w8307c stuck in screen test mode.

Is the indicator light on the front a solid green til you turn it off??

Comment

Can you recheck model number to verify it is kd 43w8307c?

Comment

Hi,thnx for your replies.
        The indicator light is white on power on.
        Maybe thats the way it normally is,? not sure.
        Anyway, this morning I was trying a few combinations and now I can hear some kind of intro music playing.
        The tv responds to most keys volume etc but still cycling through the colors.
        I have seen a solution where the poster cleaned the lvds cables.
        Most people seem to have success exiting this mode without removing back cover so I am trying to exhaust all possibilities first.
        Im sorry its kd 43x8307c ..My apologies.

Comment

To answer your question,,yes the indicator light is solid (white) until it is turned off.
          I can hear menu option sounds when using the remote.
          But the colors keep cycling.
          Last edited by vikivng; 06-06-2020, 04:05 AM.

Comment

On the update using usb, you need to follow the procedure exactly as they instruct, maybe try a different usb stick if not successful with the first one, firmware and instructions are there, scroll down, read carefully, sometimes it doesn't take on the first try: https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/s...loads/00016209

Comment

Try remove the power cord from the wall, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote) for 20 seconds. Then plug the set back in and power it up.

Comment

Sometimes when tv does this and nobody was messing around with the service menu, it may be mainboard issue.

Comment

Maybe a variation, like hold power button on tv while plugging in see if a display comes up then release power button, sometimes little variations of a procedure will work. If it does bring up a service menu, be VERY careful what you do in there, easy to brick a tv if change wrong settings, good idea to write down or take a picture of settings so they can be changed back if needed.

Comment

It may be stuck in purity check mode, I got stuck in that mode once years ago and had a hellova time getting out, my own fault because I hit purity check in service menu, also had the solid color patterns like that on an older sony kdl which needed a firmware update to correct it.

Comment

ok,
                      could it also be the cables are dirty.? lvds? Is it odd that I can hear all the input sounds etc.?

Comment

Yes, could try hitting those with some contact cleaner, maybe clean the tcon or ribbon cables going to the panel if no stand alone tcon, with isopropyl alcohol and a q-tip, never force off the connections they will come easily when released properly, just a warning for those that may not know, have seen some here ruin them by forcing them off by not releasing them correctly.

Comment

Ok,
                          regarding the update attempt,,the usb light flashes intermittently but the color cycle and music continues as normal.
                          Its as though the tv is working as normal in the background.

Comment

Not sure about this one but my older kdl that just needed firmware update didn't have sound or anything just stuck in color patterns, you might have a bad capacitor or something on the mainboard??

Comment

Can you upload some photo of the working screen?

Comment

here are some photos.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Oops, I made the pics too small..
                                  Attached Files

Comment

Hi again.
                                    third time lucky.
                                    The tv cycles through these colors full screen
                                    Attached Files

Comment

the most likely source of the problem is "invalid conditions" on the cable between the main board and the tcon. Some sets have a "test mode" whereby you can jumper certain pins at the tcon connector to cause this type of mode / display (I believe some form of ground). Anyways, this sony had the same problem and the fix was to check the cable.
                                      https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...k+test+pattern

I suspect you will likely find a similar result.

Comment

Originally posted by budwich View Post
                                        the most likely source of the problem is "invalid conditions" on the cable between the main board and the tcon. Some sets have a "test mode" whereby you can jumper certain pins at the tcon connector to cause this type of mode / display (I believe some form of ground). Anyways, this sony had the same problem and the fix was to check the cable.
                                        https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...k+test+pattern

I suspect you will likely find a similar result.
                                        THNX alot budwich,
                                        I will do this and update for anyone also suffering this issue.
                                        thnx

Comment

Working...
                                        X