OLED LG 65C8PUA no signal power drops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OLED LG 65C8PUA no signal power drops

Greetings all. Continuing to diagnose a power drop issue with my OLED. I've so far replaced the main board, t-con board and power supply board and I'm back to square one. When the lower t-con FFC cable is disconnected, pictured below, the TV will power on and hover around 50 watts according to my kill-a-watt. When the FFC cable is connected the TV will turn on go to about 40-50 watts then click and turn off and immediately back into standby and dip to 0-3 watts.

When I started measuring voltages of the power supply P251 and P201 to the t-con board I get similar behavior. With the fcc cable disconnected I get the expected 23v/12v output. With the fcc cable connected I get about 19v while it peaks in the power cycle before it turns off. I also measured drain, gate and source and the drain voltage was next to zero while the gate was around 3.5v.

I've ordered the FFC cable from LG parts store but if anyone has any ideas on how to proceed. Is this a panel issue? Is there anything needed to be done to activate new main board, t-con? thanks!

Working...
X