Hisense Q8 Series ULED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hisense Q8 Series ULED

The PO said he owned this for 14 months before it stopped displaying a picture. Turns out to be burnt out LEDs in the backlight.

I've torn it down. The LEDs are arranged in five long 14 led strips, each strip being two sets of seven in parallel. Only one half strip of seven still works so at least NINE DEAD LEDS!

The LEDs are six volts, the only ones I had on hand I harvested from an LG set. When installed there is an obvious difference in colour temperature, the new ones being much whiter than the cool blue of the original.

Anyone know anything about this type of led and where I might find some ?
    Attached Files

Re: Hisense Q8 Series ULED

It looks like it might me a blue led. This is common on the quantum dot TVs. If one of your filters was a yellow color instead of clear, then it’s quantum dot and blue led

Comment

Yes one of the filters is yellowish. Thanks for the input.

Comment

That’s what I figured. Glad it helped. Now the question is where to purchase these blue led diodes. I have searched everywhere.
        Only thing I can find is QLED backlights from broken TVs. I cannot find the individual bulbs anywhere.

If you find them please let me know where. Thanks

Comment

Maybe these ?

Code:
          https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001774314652.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.65c4b22feR1iAZ&algo_pvid=06bdb375-4576-487a-8982-838ade3bb14e&algo_expid=06bdb375-4576-487a-8982-838ade3bb14e-16&btsid=0b0a555c16202259161806509ef111&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_,searchweb201603_

Comment

Good find. I searched there before and came up empty.

Appreciate the link

Comment

There's no guarantee they match the specs of the ones I'm looking for but closer than anything I have anyway.

By the way they've used too many glue strips to hold down the white light-box reflector covering the led strips. I've put many creases in it just trying to get it out. I'm sure this set will have uniformity issues upon reassembly but better than going in the trash I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by mmartell View Post
                By the way they've used too many glue strips to hold down the white light-box reflector covering the led strips.
                I hate when they do that. Still haven't found a way to remove them that isn't a bit destructive... I had an older set that I did what I call a "down and dirty". Only one bad led, so I used foil to line the hole and used hot air to remove bad diode. Worked fine with minimal damage to the light box cover. I could peel the edges loose to use led tester on the whole strip...
                Last edited by budhanes; 05-09-2021, 08:49 PM.

Comment

Thankfully besides the glue there are only three of those post type clips holding it down. Of course they are each located behind the three boards of the set, so they each have to come off to release the clip.

Comment

Update - The leds listed in post #5 worked for me. This set now has some uniformity issues as expected but I'm happy it's back together.

Comment

How many pieces are in that lot? Would be too much for single piece.
                      Any other sources for blue LEDs? Nothing else shows up in Aliexpress.

Comment

Working...
                      X