This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello everyone,I'm Alex from Moldova,i'm a chef,but like repair everything what is possible.

Comment

Greetings from Austin, Texas. I am a systems engineer looking to learn from you guys.

Comment

Hello, Guys! Glad to see you here!

Comment

My name is Bill and I want to discuss some questions on this forum, that is why I need the full access to the site functions

Comment

I'm here for the cake.

Comment

Hi! I am trying to fix some dead GPUs since the prizes for even used ones are absolutely bonkers due to the d*mn cryptocurrency craze.

Comment

Hi I studied Electronics Engineering, worked in Embedded Systems as S/W engineer. Since from college days I was interested in circuit design and mending broken electronic devices. Now want to start this as hobby and also, during this lockdown period, want to repair devices in my home with your help.
                Thank you ��

Comment

Trying to find how to post that i been accepted to the site

. :!:

Now just a bit about me.. I'm a fairly secretive guy in terms of privacy on the net.. especially when the things you write are visable to anyone with a net connection. But I love to share the info and knowledge I have, so that's why I'm here, to share and learn.

my formal education is that of an electronic engineer and I held a field service position with a firm for over 20 years.. that job is gone now along with company car and laptop <cry> oh well..
                  So needless to say (but i will) I've always tinkered with things.. yes, a hacker.. (too bad that term lost it's orignal meaning) a hardware hacker mostly.. hacking fixes in whatever I find that breaks.. (except for cars, I have friends for that) I got started a little late into the computers, my first box was an ibm pc-xt with a whopping 10meg HD,blazing fast 4.66mhz 8086 processor, 640k mem running dos 3.3.. man was I cool back then.. :roll: nevermind..

so these days, I'm forced to be a software guy as well.. as I fix pc's for friends and that usually means cleaning virus/trojan/adware and reinstalling OS's.. yeah hardware breaks but not that often :cry: so as a result, I keep up on my software knowledge by visting a few security forums.. and trolling around a few hardware forums as well.

now I found this place from a thread at motherboards.org/forums
                  where I've been hanging out lately.. it's a nice friendly place with some pretty smart people.. mostly, of course, it's about mobo's.. So this person mentioned badcaps.net and I recalled reading articles a year or so ago about the faulty caps and was curious as to what you guys were up to.. and I said "w00t.. they have a forum"..

and so now.. you're stuck with me :P

so what's your story ? come on.. give it up.. [/QUOTE]

Comment

Hi !
                    My name is Romain.
                    I first came into this forum because i've almost got scamed by someone trying to sell me a Bios on telegram.
                    But I wanted to understand how this worked.
                    He told me to buy a chip CH341A reader /programmeur, what a mistake.
                    I learn to dump it, it was quite easy that was fun
                    I then purchased a stm32f407 discovery kit to understand more electronics and microcontrolers .

Thanks a lot for this forum , it seem to be a great community.

Comment

Ken here, from Victoria, BC. I have been interested in electronics since I received a Sanwa multimeter as a gift at age 11. My first computer was a TI59, next was an Atari 800, which I still own. In the 80's and early 90's I maintained corporate computer systems, DEC, Tandem, HP, DataPoint, Control Data, Synercom CAD workstations, along with the pneumatic tape drives, washing machine sized hard drives and line printers. I was trained to repair down to component level, which is how things were done in those days. At 68 I am retired, but I am still interested in electronics and in my lab I have a Rigol Oscilloscope, signal generator and a DC power supply and a 3D printer. My other hobby is flying fixed wing model aircraft, as well as the building and programming of FPV quads. This looks to be a good group of like minded technical people, nice to meet you all.

Comment

Hi, I was looking to unlock some HP bios, and found your page. It really helped me to succeed

Comment

Hello, nice to meet you guys

Comment

Hey guys

Comment

Hellow , i am jagrut from india , i works in computer hardware field since 1997, basically i am a diploma computer engineer, i like to learn new things in hardware side, Right now i am learning laptop motherboard chip level repairing , however , i repaired more than 100 motherboard of laptops.and many more desktop as well .
                              I like this site because i got many things with free of cost that helps me a lot and i am very thankful to admin as well.
                              I can say great , superb

Comment

Hi, i am only here for blackjack & hookers.. oh wait wrong board..

Comment

Hello!

Comment

Pozdrav svima, ja sam Saša iz Novog Sada sam, tačnije Srbije. Po struci sam el. inženjer, bavim se popravkom tv i audio tehnike. Hvala na iskrenom prijemu vašeg sajta. Pozdrav svim članovima😀👍

Comment

Hello Trying to fix a couple of old IBM CRT's and figure out what is wrong and they are G74 Black case and a G40

Comment

Hi all. I stumbled on to this site while looking for troubleshooting tips to fix a LED and LCD TV I inherited. It's great to see so much knowledge shared around the world. There's hope for us yet!
                                        I am a retired EE looking for things to do to keep me busy. Now that I found this forum, I plan to soak up as much knowledge as possible first to fix my inherited stuff, then who knows. Thanks for letting me in.

Comment

Hi, Chuck in New Jersey here, retired after 18 years at a Federal Court (database admin, Informix, MySQL, Unix, Perl, C, and CGI programming). Prior life included studies in Electrical Engineering and Medical Informatics, and 10 years driving French, British, and German tour buses and trucks.

I try to fix everything... our cars, the house, electrical stuff, heart lung machines, and right now, a Duracell PowerSource 1800 UPS.

Comment

Working...
                                          X