• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ubiquiti Nano LocoM2. Not working, help

Hi all

Receive a warm greeting

I have a LocoM2 unit.

I presume that the firmware is corrupted since when turning on the computer it does not do anything.

¿Someone will have the original dump version of this computer?

I downloaded a firmware from the official page, but it did not work. Now turn on some LEDs but does not respond.

Record the flash with the CH341 programmer, since it was impossible to connect via LAN / TFTP.

LocoM2
    Board: FR494 V-0 / E88551
    Flash Chip: Winbond 25064CVF1G

Thanks
    Attached Files

Re: Ubiquiti Nano LocoM2. Not working, help

usually these things are purchased in pairs, also 2 of them at the same time. See if you can get the other unit, factory reset it, then copy the content. I haven't seen one that had corrupted firmware. If the winbond is good, I highly doubt the firmware is corrupt.
    what happens if you press the reset button? Make sure that button is good and not jammed (don't ask, I've seen that).

Comment

Hi.

Thank you very much for your answer.

I do not have the other unit, they only gave me this as a gift and for replacement, since it is practically dead.

Turn on but there is no connection to the LAN. The LEDs do not respond as it should, nor does it respond to RESET procedures. Neither factory reset. That's why I think it's a firmware or memory problem.

Thank you.

Comment

There are 2 different firmware's available for that LocoM2. Apparently there are 2 different boards. An XM and a XW board, each have their own firmware. Probe around the LAN port with an oscilloscope. Some LAN connectors have magnetics inside, or my best guess is the LAN chip itself is bad and needs replacing. Look at this example for an Atheros 7240: https://www.lan23.ru/forum/attachmen...0&d=1502374718
        Last edited by CapLeaker; 08-02-2019, 08:19 PM.

Comment

Simply connect a console (UART/whatever) cable and see how far it boots.

Comment

CPU are bad
            Change AR7240 or 7241 and working again.

Comment

Working...
            X