Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I have big problem with x360 g2 1030

Originally posted by shovenose View Post
    Strange, they seem fine on my end. What file are you trying to upload?
    Try it with a file over 8MB
    All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Originally posted by Vesko356 View Post
      Don't worry, it is the bios chip.

OK try these, again the file names match the chip names (I hope you verify the programmed dump after flashing), so again first program chip 2, if that doesn't help again, program also chip 1 with the corresponding bin file:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uww3qb1umt...01030.zip?dl=0
      thank you, i did chip 2 only and the laptop acted different ( fan spins and stops several times ) but still not coming on , tried to flash chip one with the other file but i got error (Error: Image size (8388608 B) doesn't match the flash chip's size (1048576 B)!)

Comment

Originally posted by layad View Post
        thank you, i did chip 2 only and the laptop acted different ( fan spins and stops several times ) but still not coming on...
        Just wait few minutes, it's possible first few times the start to be long, including several restarts.
        ...tried to flash chip one with the other file but i got error (Error: Image size (8388608 B) doesn't match the flash chip's size (1048576 B)!)
        You doing something wrong I'm afraid, did you use AsProgrammer "? button" first and select matching chip name from the drop down menu?
        Post AsProgrammer screenshot here.
        Last edited by Vesko356; 02-09-2020, 07:36 AM.
        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
        Become a Badcaps supporter
        >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
        Thanks to all supporters.​
        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Doctrina est fructus dulcis, radicis amarae.

Comment

Just wait few minutes, it's possible first few times the start to be long, including several restarts.

You doing something wrong I'm afraid, did you use AsProgrammer "? button" first and select matching chip name from the drop down menu?
          Post AsProgrammer screenshot here.
          i left it for half an hour as i thought the same, i use flashrom , its the same whit asprogrammer , the data size is bigger than 8 , mb
          Attached Files

Comment

Re: I have big problem with x360 g2 1030 bios

You`re trying to write to a W25Q80,its a 1MB chip.

W25Q80: 8M-bit / 1M -byte (1,048,576)
            All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
              You`re trying to write to a W25Q80,its a 1MB chip.

W25Q80: 8M-bit / 1M -byte (1,048,576)
              yes the file been uploaded is over 8mb , chip is one mb

Comment

the data size is bigger...
                Yea I see, now the question is why x360 g2 1030 which is factory equipped with 16 MB main and 8MB EC differs from yours, and the answer is ??? Maybe we are talking about x360 g2 1030 but in fact your is different model? Upload motherbord photos with the model numbers here.
                ...first I flashed chip number one with a dump file found it in this forum, nothing changed, the laptop still working and the password still there...
                Upload this file too, and link to the thread please.
                Last edited by Vesko356; 02-09-2020, 09:43 AM.

Comment

Yea I see, now the question is why x360 g2 1030 which is factory equipped with 16 MB main and 8MB EC differs from yours, and the answer is ??? Maybe we are talking about x360 g2 1030 but in fact your is different model? Upload motherbord photos with the model numbers here.

Upload this file too, and link to the thread please.
                  Here it is I had to remove the motherboard to get it
                  Attached Files

Comment

I think I found the problem, the chip at the red arrow must be 25Q64FV, which is actually the second bios (8MB) chip :
                    P.S. OLDMAN-6050A2848001 -yes, must be exactly x360 g2 1030, so flash the 25Q64FV with the 8MB file (make backup first) and (fingers crossed) it should come on.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Vesko356; 02-09-2020, 11:07 AM.

Comment

The server issue with file uploads should be fixed now.
                      "The one who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the one who is doing it."

Comment

Originally posted by Per Hansson View Post
                        The server issue with file uploads should be fixed now.
                        Test upload...
                        ...Perfect 👍
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Vesko356; 02-09-2020, 12:05 PM.

Comment

Thank you all, I'm going to do it next hour, but my question is what's about chip number one? I flashed it with a different dump file before and I do not have backup

Comment

I think I found the problem, the chip at the red arrow must be 25Q64FV, which is actually the second bios (8MB) chip :
                            P.S. OLDMAN-6050A2848001 -yes, must be exactly x360 g2 1030, so flash the 25Q64FV with the 8MB file (make backup first) and (fingers crossed) it should come on.
                            gone worse , fan no spinning , just power button flashing!!

Comment

finally done thanks for every one

Comment

finally done thanks for every one
                                Аt last!
                                Great, though give some details, it might be helpful for someone else with a similar problem.

Comment

Good afternoon., can someone do a cleanup of the Hp EliteBook x360 1030 G2 Serial # 5CG80343VW (MB OLDMAN-6050A2848001-MB-A01). Both the BIOS Bin files are upload. The problem is no display, I observe the CPU is turning hot & the MB is taking nearly 1 amp but stuck on that. Thank in advance
                                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by mferna14 View Post
                                    Good afternoon., can someone do a cleanup of the Hp EliteBook x360 1030 G2 Serial # 5CG80343VW (MB OLDMAN-6050A2848001-MB-A01). Both the BIOS Bin files are upload. The problem is no display, I observe the CPU is turning hot & the MB is taking nearly 1 amp but stuck on that. Thank in advance
                                    Anyone can do this cleanup for me pls. !!!! Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by mferna14 View Post
                                      Here's your New BIOS, program that file to your 16MB chip and put your 8MB chip back.
                                      Attached Files
                                      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                      Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests
                                      all donations are welcome,
                                      see the donate button at the bottom of the page, or
                                      >>>>>
                                      click on this link to donate via PayPal. <<<<<
                                      Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.
                                      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Thank you very much "hardware1" really appreciate your help.

Comment

Hello house, please I need bios file for an Hp I'm trying to fix

when i press the power button, the keyboard turns on, then but no display then the fans spin increases after a few seconds.
                                          capslock key blinks 3 slow blinks followed by 2 fast beeps, and continues like this

I've downloaded several other bios files for the motherboard from other threads here but all of them seem to be the same result, attached is my old bios

Laptop: HP EliteBook 1030 G2
                                          Board number: OLDMAN-6050A2848001-MB-A01
                                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                          X