Request for Opinion on some broke Sony CRTs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Request for Opinion on some broke Sony CRTs

I have the following monitors and they are all broke. I would like an opinion on whether the repair costs would be high or not. They are out of warranty so I would use a monitor repair shop.

Sony G200 17" FD trinitron - doesnt power up, orange led only. Worked fine then that happened one day.
    Sony 15" Trinitron - screen was getting progressively dimmer now unusable
    Sony 17" Trinitron - was taking many tries to power up each day. Was powering up but not making the strong ping of the display initialising until after the 7th try when it would power up, the display would come up but wavy and then the display would appear ok and it would work fine. Now only gets the green led then a click and the orange led. Nothing else.

any ideas which one(s) to take. I know it is difficult be give me some idea. Basically they are closing the store room at work so all broke stuff has to be either repaired or dumped.
    capacitor lab yachtmati techmati

The first one... Does the amber LED blink or is it on constantly?

The second one (15"), check for filament voltage on the CRT. It should be about 5 volts. If filament voltage is present, and the filaments light up, it sounds like the CRT may have bit the dust.

The last one, sounds like flyback.

I quit repairing monitors years ago, they're so throw-away today... However, there's always salvation for a good Trinitron!!
    <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Motherboard Repair Services

----------------------------------------------
    Badcaps.net Forum Members Folding Team
    http://folding.stanford.edu/
    Team : 49813
    Join in!!
    Team Stats

Comment

ah no i messed up, the FD trinitron is completely dead. Pity, that was my favourite monitor until I got the samsung 173p. Miss the DVDs on the FD though the sammy doesnt have the speed but it surpasses the FD for static images...hail PVA matrix . Now with sammy 710v's on sale (my new office monitor) not so much reason to resurrect the old stuff. but i could use another one or two lab monitors if it does not cost too much to fix the sonys. I guess the 15" is toast though.
      capacitor lab yachtmati techmati

Comment

Working...
      X